Random non-"Emergencies"

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Random non-"Emergencies"

Post by EnDSchultz »

So I've tended to fly the Connie with Emergency AFK turned on since I tend to do other things during the flight... The past few flights I've had the sim auto-pause and my Captain report to the cabin that we've had some sort of "trouble" - then I get a great reputation boost because I safely landed the plane. Thing is, to my eyes, absolutely nothing is wrong. What sort of less-obvious conditions trigger an "emergency" on the flight? I tend to fly short hops with little fuel, and once I've had my FE tell me we're running out of gas and need to land. Could this be the "emergency" that keeps cropping up?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Random non-"Emergencies"

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Low fuel will trigger an emergency. I can’t remember th minimum, but I’m sure Someone will pop by shortly to let us know
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Random non-"Emergencies"

Post by EnDSchultz »

Tomas Linnet wrote:Low fuel will trigger an emergency. I can’t remember th minimum, but I’m sure Someone will pop by shortly to let us know
Aha, after poking around in the tech support forum a bit, it seems you are correct, and the level at which it triggers seems to be somewhat ridiculously conservative. Guess the company has no reason to complain if I start hauling around way more fuel than I need, then! :lol:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”