Installing the Constellation Upgrade C

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
scarter
Airman First Class

Installing the Constellation Upgrade C

Post by scarter »

I have the Connie installed but when I try to install the Connie Pro Upgrade C , I get an error msg that says the base pack for the Connie can not be found..I can not recall the option to purchase 2 different base packs..please help on this issue. Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installing the Constellation Upgrade C

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi scarter - I'm a bit confused by your post. There's no "base pack" or "pro upgrade" for the A2A L-049 Constellation, just difference licence versions for Prepar3D users.

Please can you confirm which product it is you've purchased (you're not thinking of the B377 Stratocruiser are you?) and whether it's from the A2A store or a third-party retailer.

Thanks,
Nick

blockwood
Airman

Post by blockwood »

Sounds like the Just Flight Constellation, not the A2A version. Not even in the same league.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

blockwood wrote:Sounds like the Just Flight Constellation, not the A2A version. Not even in the same league.
Aha - thanks blockwood. In that case, try this link for support scarter: https://support.justflight.com/support/home.

Cheers,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I was also confused by this post , and i have just checked the just flight site, and there is an upgrade c for the just flight connie , a totally different beast , definatly not the A2A connie.
regards alan. 8)

scarter
Airman First Class

Post by scarter »

I think you are correct in it being a Just Flight release, however then why does the A2A updater recognize my installed Connie and give the latest updates as the updater does on all of my many A2A aircraft?

scarter
Airman First Class

Post by scarter »

One more thing, I purchased the Connie from PC AVIATOR not Just Flight and the UPGRADE C also from PC AVIATOR

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds like It might be worth checking exactly which version of the Connie you've purchased scarter.

Thanks,
Nick

scarter
Airman First Class

Post by scarter »

if you think the Just Flight Connie is not an A2A product, you all are wrong. On the JUST FLIGHT web site, you will find a 12 promo video produced by the A2A Simulation owner and founder. Check it out.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Scarter - The A2A Constellation is sold by Just Flight, but they also sell their own version which is a completely different product. As I say, please can you clarify the full name of the products which you've purchased. It sounds like you may have bought the "A2A Simulations Captain of the Ship L-049 Constellation", along with an expansion pack for Just Flight's own version.

Thanks,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scarter.
Just flight And PC Aviator sell the same products these are:-
A2A L049 for FSX and P3D these are the A2A connies no expansion packs
Just flight products sold on just flights and PC Aviator web sites for FSX only are:-
Constellation Professional
Constellation Professional Expansion Pack A
Constellation Professional Expansion Pack B
Constellation Professional Expansion Pack C
These products are not compatable to the A2A L049 connie , which is a stand alone product.
regards alan. 8)

scarter
Airman First Class

Post by scarter »

You are exactly correct, I have the A2A Connie installed, a stand alone Connie, which is good enough for me as all the A2A products are top of the line. So the Connie Upgrade C is a JUST FLIGHT add on which I don't really need....case closed and thanks for your time and help. Regards. SCARTER

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome - glad we got to the bottom of it. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Vinay
Airman Basic

Post by Vinay »

A little Off Topic, but interesting.

Those were the days when I used to fly around the world with Just Flight Constellation Professional, each flight going from C&D to complete shut down. Back then it was a sweet romance with Constellation flying some of it's glorious vintage routes. Many of it's switches, knobs, buttons were dummies. I recall one of it's engine related knob was labeled (cockpit tooltips) incorrectly, silly mistake. It's paintkit was so awful to work with, aligning cheatlines was a genius's workshop. It took me nearly two months to do a simple livery.
Later when the A2A announced their own Connie project, I jumped with joy like a child. It's 12 mins promo video was so soothing to watch, especially with Alison Gentile's melodious voice at the end (awaiting for Stott to pull & release this track someday). Now today when I look back at some of Just Flight's Constellation YouTube videos, I feel like...ewww!!! can't believe I used to enjoy these immature dummies. This teaches me how far we've come, evolving with new benchmark in the timeline.
Thank You A2A as always.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”