Tail skid

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
patful
Master Sergeant

Tail skid

Post by patful »

I've always flown the TWA Connie, but last night I flew the C-69 for the first time. I know it had a tail skid, but it no longer appears. I saved my dat file, uninstalled, re-installed, and still no skid. Is there a lever or keystroke to make it appear? It was there when I first bought it.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Tail skid

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The c-69 and ordinary connie are the same model as i am sure you are aware off , and i dont recall a tail skid on the Connie , the PMDG DC6 as far as i am aware does have a fixed tail skid , do you have this aircraft , and are you getting confused as to that or the connie that had the tail skid .
regards alan. 8)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks for the reply, Alan. I don't have any PMDG aircraft. When I first got the Connie, I flew around (poorly) in the C-69. It had a retractible skid that came down with the gear. Second-guessing my sanity, I'm relieved to find it's at 51:09 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1cM_otxb8E :D

Just realized I put this question in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we really do not recommend reinstalling to try to solve issues as its waaaaaay down the troubleshooting process and often will result in more damage of burying potential issues over fixing them, since no actual fix is taking place with reinstall.

For the issue you mention I would have first simply asked you to start an all new flight as it sounds like a simple flight load issue on loading.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks, Lewis. I always start with the P3D4 default flight. I've loaded new scenarios that match the default flight, no change. I've set P3D to default everything, including controls/keys, no change. I did the re-install because I had added extra repaints in Aircraft.cfg, figured maybe it had become corrupt. No change. Is there anything besides the dat files in the A2A folder that might be saving the wrong configuration? The civilian Connie is fine, as are all of my other aircraft.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The skid is on the C69 only and it is tied to the landing gear. It works for skins with the airline set to ARMY (atc_airline=ARMY).

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks, Rob. The Aircraft.cfg shows the airline as ARMY. I changed the airline for the BOAC and TWA to ARMY, and the skid showed up, just not for the C-69. Frustrated, I noticed that the aircraft selection screen for the C-69 under Air Traffic Control showed "None" for Airline Call Sign. I changed that to Army, and the skid shows up. Weirdness, I don't recall ever changing that, but it works now, so thanks!

Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”