L-049 max passengers

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

L-049 max passengers

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey guys,

Like everyone else I'm sure, I keep seeing online that the L-049 had a capability to carry 60-84 passengers. While most people know that these sources are confusing the stats for the L-749 or L-1079, some might still be unsure which information is correct (even wikipedia has it mislabeled).

So, I was able to find an article from a reputable source that actually includes a seating diagram of the L-049 from BOAC Airlines. A2A has it correct, the seating was 10 rows of 4 seats, and then 3 in the back. It's definitely worth a read and has some interesting information.

https://airscapemag.com/2015/03/02/cons ... -crossing/

Regards,
-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: L-049 max passengers

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A2A have a max 44 pax your seating would suggest 43 seats , but dont get hung up on this , the reasons are simple , depending on airline requirements on internal fit would cause more or less seats to be fitted , depending on bunk beds / first class / second class / galleys ectra , seat spacing ie leg room , so A2A probably picked the base seating of original aircraft as per howard hughes requirements for his airline.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: L-049 max passengers

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, context is everything here.

You need to forget modern air transport and go back to a time when every airline had there own way from the aircraft layouts and fitting to checklists. The era had not yet standardised many things that are now taken for granted in todays world of civil aviation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”