Cargo Transporter

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Cargo Transporter

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey guys,

Has anyone figured out how to carry only cargo, no pax, and still get the program to record flights?

I'd like to fly USN RV7-1 "Phoenix 6" and recreate some of the real missions it flew while part of US Navy Squadron VX-6 for Operation Deep Freeze, including the ferry flights from VX-6 headquarters at Naval Air Station Patuxent River (Maryland) to the US Antarctic Program headquarters at Christchurch International Airport in New Zealand. From there I would also like to recreate the supply missions it flew from Christchurch I'nt to Mcmurdo Station Antarctica.

So far through experimentation I haven't found a way to get the A2A program to record a flight if only cargo is loaded. I tried loading only cargo manually, and also loading pax + cargo through the loading program (Sh+4) and then manually removing the pax. That didn't work either.

If anyone knows how to do this, it would be very helpful.

-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Re: Cargo Transporter

Post by HighBypass »

Me neither. The closest you can get... which isn't really close I know... is to select a light loading preset so only a few pax are on board, then manually fill up the cargo holds. EDIT - perhaps think of it as you're transporting a couple of rampies to help with the cargo... :?

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Re: Cargo Transporter

Post by FireRescue85 »

That's what I'll probably end up doing. I just wasn't sure if adding more cargo would disable the auto loading program and kick it back into manual load mode. But I think it comes down to the program not recording flights if there aren't any pax on board. As long as at least one passenger is on board it should record the flight. I'm going to do another experiment in manual loading mode, put a ton of cargo on and one row of passengers. Then do a short flight and see if that gets recorded.

If it works, then I'll just manually load the plane as needed for my flights. I think with no pax, it registers as a "training flight" and therefore won't record.
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”