How to disable Flight Engineer RPM switch assignment?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
SirTommy
Airman Basic

How to disable Flight Engineer RPM switch assignment?

Post by SirTommy »

Hello all.

It was easy enough for me to assign engine #3 and #4 to the two propeller controls on my CH Throttle Quadrant via FSUIPC. Four engines, four levers. Great.

The problem is that those two prop axis were automatically assigned to flip the RPM switches at the engineer's station and I haven't figured out how/where to disable that. So, I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Thomas

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: How to disable Flight Engineer RPM switch assignment?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tomas.
I have two ch quad throttles , i have each engine asigned to a throttle , the prop is on a switch , as you control all 4 props with a master switch not a lever.
i have my controls set up in FSUIPC and i use FSX A .
Regards Alan. 8)

SirTommy
Airman Basic

Post by SirTommy »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Tomas.
I have two ch quad throttles , i have each engine asigned to a throttle , the prop is on a switch , as you control all 4 props with a master switch not a lever.
i have my controls set up in FSUIPC and i use FSX A .
Regards Alan. 8)
Thanks for the reply, but, I'm not really in the market for a second throttle quadrant. The one I have has the four levers I need. I just need to get the Flight Engineer's Prop switches un-assigned from my prop levers so I can use them for the third and fourth engine. Don't know why those switches were automatically assigned to those axis in the first place. They're switches, after all.

I know that all four props are controlled by the pilot's master switch. That one is not an issue. It's the RPM switches at the FE station that go up and down when I move my prop levers. I want them to stop doing that so I can use those levers as throttles.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The engineer is moveing the individual prop switches to ballance the individual engines to synic with your master prop switch selection on the throttle quadrant.
You can asign individual throttles using 4 of the 6 levers , i have the luxury of two quads , for when i fly the b17 , and i have on the connie 4 levers for mixtures during eng starting , and 4 levers to asign to other controls in the connie ,but you dont need two quads to get the aircraft set up.
regards alan. 8)

SirTommy
Airman Basic

Post by SirTommy »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
The engineer is moveing the individual prop switches to ballance the individual engines to synic with your master prop switch selection on the throttle quadrant.
You can asign individual throttles using 4 of the 6 levers , i have the luxury of two quads , for when i fly the b17 , and i have on the connie 4 levers for mixtures during eng starting , and 4 levers to asign to other controls in the connie ,but you dont need two quads to get the aircraft set up.
regards alan. 8)
Yeah, I know what the FE is up to. B-17 sounds fun.

Never mind though, I figured it out. I just need to delete the prop axis assignments in FSX whenever I fly the Connie. Then, remember to assign them again when I'm done so other planes can use those assignments.

I could do all my axis for every airplane with FSUIPC and delete the FSX axis completely, but I don't really want to do that right now. This will work for now.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tommy.
I have all my controls going through FSUIPC , and set each aircraft type with different slope values on ail , ele , rud controls , so ga aircraft feel light on controls big iron feels heavy on controls , and the connie is heavy on ail and rud but light on ele , as per the real aircraft.
word of warning on haveing a mix of FSX and FSUIPC controls , you can accidently assign the same control in both , which can cause control issues.
regards alan. 8)

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

SirTommy wrote: The problem is that those two prop axis were automatically assigned to flip the RPM switches at the engineer's station and I haven't figured out how/where to disable that. So, I'm looking for suggestions.
Thomas,
I think you're making this more difficult than it has to be. Try using the A2A L-049 Input Configurator to solve this problem. Because you're using FSUIPC, it's likely that A2A Code doesn't know that you want 4 throttles. When you use the A2A software, the Connie will ignore any other input other than what you have assigned. The best part, is that special assignments are aircraft specific.. no need to make assignment adjustments every time you load a new A2A aircraft, as each one will store a unique control scheme.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”