Default GPS "issue"?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
HighBypass
Airman First Class

Default GPS "issue"?

Post by HighBypass »

I've noticed the default GPS resets itself whenever you click on it to call up the pop-up window. I can zoom out on the range, select terrainetc. but when I close the pop-up the GPS in the VC view resets. Just a minor niggle. I don't have any of the aftermarket GPS modules so i don't know if this happens across the board.

What's that? Using the GPS? .. in a Connie!... BURN THE HERETIC! WHAT WITCHERY IS THIS? :D

Yes, and I use the default FSX autopilot too for good measure! :shock: I have enough fun at the moment firing her engines up then trying to keep the passengers happy, but do thank A2A for giving us both the easy and historic options. 8)

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Default GPS "issue"?

Post by Alan_A »

I also fly the Connie with a GPS and the modern autopilot. I know how to use the vintage stuff but find the Sperry way too finicky to be enjoyable. A moderninzed Connie makes for a very nice regional airliner.

I'd never admit that in public, though.

Oh, wait... 8)

Unfortunately I can't help with the behavior you're seeing - I typically use the Flight1 GTN 650 but have flown with the default GPS as well. Have never seen either of them reset on closing the pop-up. Have you tried toggling it off (via the Shift+3 window) and back on again? Just a thought - maybe somebody else will have a more useful suggestion.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

Aha!! Your secret's out! :twisted:

I'll check out the key command for the GPS and post back, thanks. 8)

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

As a matter of interest, I find quite a few aircraft in P3D/FSX (not just the A2A Connie) have this problem: where the in-dash and pop-up GPS don't communicate/update each other properly.
--
Image--Image

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

Err... Shift-3 Brings up the mini control panel - to activate the Flight Engineer and ancillaries etc.
Still get the same reset issue.. :oops: Won't stop me having fun with the Connie though!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

There's a button in Shift+3 that lets you toggle between your installed GPS (default or third party) and no GPS. Was thinking the toggle might get it going. But based on Adam_NZ's post, maybe not. Strange thing is that I've never seen that GPS reset issue in all the years I've used the default. There's no explaining why things happen on one system and not another. Sorry I can't be of more help.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Adam_NZ wrote:As a matter of interest, I find quite a few aircraft in P3D/FSX (not just the A2A Connie) have this problem: where the in-dash and pop-up GPS don't communicate/update each other properly.
yes theirs a platform limitation in this area with standard integration into the VC I'm afraid.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

Thanks for the clarification Lewis. 8) I see what you mean Alan, and I did try it. Good thinking though!

Mark.

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Alan_A wrote:I also fly the Connie with a GPS and the modern autopilot. I know how to use the vintage stuff but find the Sperry way too finicky to be enjoyable.
Glad I'm not the only one!

Bill

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”