Best Ground Speeds B377 Strat or Connie

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

Best Ground Speeds B377 Strat or Connie

Post by Neon »

I'm curious as to what the community has discovered re ground speed of these two planes.

I'm contemplating a world trip, and can't decide which to use. In the Strat recently I got 308 knots
in cruise at 25k from YPAD to YBAS. So I'm wondering what the Connie gets. I've only flown it once,
and that wasn't at altitude.

Neon

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Best Ground Speeds B377 Strat or Connie

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you are thinking of a world tour , then my personal choice would be the connie , its more reliable easier to takeoff and land , but shorter range and slightly lower max alt than the B377 and sperry autopilot needs constant adjustment over the better autopilot of the B377.
regards alan. 8)

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
If you are thinking of a world tour , then my personal choice would be the connie , its more reliable easier to takeoff and land , but shorter range and slightly lower max alt than the B377 and sperry autopilot needs constant adjustment over the better autopilot of the B377.
regards alan. 8)
I do want to do a World Tour series for my channel. I'm tending toward the 377 as there hasn't been too many World Tours done in it that
are commentated the entire way. I just wanted to know the ground speed at cruise in the Connie at altitude. I found the autopilot
in the Connie.... um... tiresome lol

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I was showing 360 MPH ground speed on a flight this weekend at high altitude and a 36 knot tail wind. I think I was at 30" and about 2,200 RPM.

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

AviationAtWar wrote:I was showing 360 MPH ground speed on a flight this weekend at high altitude and a 36 knot tail wind. I think I was at 30" and about 2,200 RPM.
That's a nice tail wind lol. Thanks for the info.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”