Wrecked all four engines today.

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Wrecked all four engines today.

Post by bobsk8 »

I updated an AFCAD for KFLL today, and had a problem with a new ILS on the redesigned 10R runway ( this is actually the runway I soloed on back in 1978, when it was 9R and a couple of thousand feet shorter. Anyway, trying to figure out what was wrong with the ILS, I used slew and the connie to move around on the runway, to see if the OBS needle was moving. I forgot to turn slew off, did something with my joystick, and the next thing you know the Connie was in the Ocean off Hollywood Beach....I quickly shut down P3D, thinking I could save the day doing this. I restarted P3D, loaded the Connie and went into the maintenace setting, and it said " All four engines needed overhaul: Guess the engines didn't care for the salt water bath. ... Back to zero again on my engine time. :oops:
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Wrecked all four engines today.

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bob.
Could you not go back on a previous saved flight dat file on the connie , to put it in last flight data.
regards alan. 8)

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Bob.
Could you not go back on a previous saved flight dat file on the connie , to put it in last flight data.
regards alan. 8)
I have a backup drive, and replaced the L 049 folder from one made last week, so I only lost about 15 hours....
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I DISABLE the joystick input for SLEW mode to prevent this sort of thing. I only use the keypad entries to slew the aircraft.

All it takes is a slight offset from center or a movement of the stick in SLEW mode to put the aircraft somewhere you didn't want it to be.

The keypad inputs are much easier to use ans control the slewing quite accurately.

Paul

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

bobsk8 wrote:
I have a backup drive, and replaced the L 049 folder from one made last week, so I only lost about 15 hours....
Bob, that is a lot of hours to loose. Consider writing a batch file to save your data. My batch file saves my data files, starts my Sim, starts ASP4 and other FS programs. The advantage is that with each sim start the data files are backed up with date/time stamp so I know which one I want if something like this happens.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Gypsy Baron wrote:I DISABLE the joystick input for SLEW mode to prevent this sort of thing. I only use the keypad entries to slew the aircraft.

All it takes is a slight offset from center or a movement of the stick in SLEW mode to put the aircraft somewhere you didn't want it to be.

The keypad inputs are much easier to use ans control the slewing quite accurately.

Paul

Great idea.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

bobsk8 wrote:
Gypsy Baron wrote:I DISABLE the joystick input for SLEW mode to prevent this sort of thing. I only use the keypad entries to slew the aircraft.

Paul

Great idea.
Where is the joystick assignment in slew mode, I don't see that anywhere?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

bobsk8 wrote:
bobsk8 wrote:

Paul

Great idea.
Where is the joystick assignment in slew mode, I don't see that anywhere?
Menu bar- Options - Settings - Controls - Axis

In the upper right of that menu select "Slew" and in the upper left select your controller(s).

Delete the assignments for the X, Y axis assignments (any other axis assignments as well if present)

That should do it.

Paul

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Thanks, never would have found that setting.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”