Don't have it, but have questions...

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Still Learning
Senior Airman

Don't have it, but have questions...

Post by Still Learning »

Greetings fellow A2A'ers:

I've noticed in the YouTube videos that I've seen, that in my opinion that you are judged on your performance as a pilot. For instance, at the end of your flight, you can see how much money you made and and how much value your cargo is worth, etc. etc. etc. Another thing that comes to mind is, they'll make "cute" comments.

Is there some way to turn off that aspect of the software?

I'm looking for a plane to fill the role of flying short hops. 60-100 miles, could the Connie fill that role?

Do you guys know of a web page that lists the typical routes of say the Connie and other aircraft would fly, (back in the day) ?

And finally, what type of frame rates are you guys seeing with the Connie?

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Re: Don't have it, but have questions...

Post by Taka taka »

Still Learning wrote:Greetings fellow A2A'ers:

I've noticed in the YouTube videos that I've seen, that in my opinion that you are judged on your performance as a pilot. For instance, at the end of your flight, you can see how much money you made and and how much value your cargo is worth, etc. etc. etc. Another thing that comes to mind is, they'll make "cute" comments.

Is there some way to turn off that aspect of the software?

I'm looking for a plane to fill the role of flying short hops. 60-100 miles, could the Connie fill that role?

Do you guys know of a web page that lists the typical routes of say the Connie and other aircraft would fly, (back in the day) ?

And finally, what type of frame rates are you guys seeing with the Connie?

Still Learning
Yes, you just turn off the career mode.
I started the same way but after you get more comfortable with driving it I would bet that like me you end up turning it on. ;)

I have a short hop charter company (think air limos)- I sell four or five seats for $10,000 and take clients from KONT to KSAN (90 miles), or KLAX into KONT (40 miles) et cetera.
Sure - fly it the way you like.

Typical routes, no - I don't.

Same as my other A2A. between 20 and 40 depending on the on-screen action. The "hit" is the initial load which is larger than typical.

It is more complex than a lot of other aircraft you'll fly, but not beyond mastery. Very rewarding.
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Don't have it, but have questions...

Post by CAPFlyer »

Best place to find info on historic airline routes is here - http://www.timetableimages.com/

Pick an airline that flew the L-049, pick an appropriate year (1945 - 1950 probably), and then look at the images. :)

For example, here's the link to the June 1946 TWA Timetable - http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/tw/tw4606/

Image 2 has the route map.

Image 3 starts the timetable and has all the Constellation routes on it. Important to note is the legend at the bottom left. The flights flown by Constellation are the ones with a 40 in a circle at the top of the column. It also lists the flight numbers.

Most airlines used a similar format to this (symbology might be different) up into the 1970s. You read the schedule from the top and the rows which have a time next to them are the ones where the plane makes a stop. Typically on Domestic Flights, they only list the DEPARTURE time of each flight, not the arrival. This is because the arrival time varied based on the weather and winds. The only thing that was important to the airlines was that the planes leave on time. However, once on international legs, they will often list both arrival and departure times, as they do on this timetable.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”