Landing & Taking off without reloading the aircraft

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
CmdrSharp
Airman

Landing & Taking off without reloading the aircraft

Post by CmdrSharp »

Hey!
Been flying the Connie for a while now, enjoying every minute of it. One thing that bothers me however is that I usually make multiple short (in the range of an hour or two) in a row, rather than one long flight. In the Connie, after landing, I seem to need to reload the aircraft for the flight engineer to work again after landing. If I re-enable him otherwise, he just repeats "Shutting down the systems".

Anyone else experiencing the same thing, or have a workaround? Tried forcing C&D via Shift+3, but that didn't help. He completes his shutdown routine just fine after landing.

Cheers!

//Marcus

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Landing & Taking off without reloading the aircraft

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Marcus.
That is normal , one flight then reload aircraft for next flight.
regards alan. 8)

dwg21687
Airman First Class

Post by dwg21687 »

What I do is leave the number 4 engine running especially if it is hot outside for air conditioning. That keeps the engineer from shutting everything down and all you have to do is start the other three engines and everything will be ready for another take off.
Image Image Image Image Image

P*Funk
Airman

Post by P*Funk »

That's a very good trick. Frankly I see no reason they couldn't tweak the script to either accommodate a reset after landing or just have an on/off switch for "last landing of the day". No reason other than they'd have to test it all over again but hey... we can dream on. With how deep COTS goes quality of life could be improved indefinitely. Still taht's a pretty useful one particularly since this era was commonly found to include stops on short hops before long legs. Kinda ruins the immersion if you have to reset everything on your way to Gander stopping at Logan after leaving Idlewil... I mean Kennedy.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”