Connie PILOTS make your Propliner Shine New Discovery !

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Connie PILOTS make your Propliner Shine New Discovery !

Post by Jetranger7 »

OK ~ I can't remember if I tipped you all of to this or not in the past ????

I came across this Great Discovery, as I was wanting my A2A B377's and Lockheed L-049's and 707's to shine more in the Chrome areas of the Aircrafts Exterior Fuselage areas.

So, I came across the FREE nifty "replacement" texture over on the web site : FlightSim.Com ,,,, to replace the original FSX Default Global Enviro Textures.

I can say for a FACT, it does work, and the Reflections of any Chrome areas on the Aircraft is a 110% major improvement ~ !!!!

That goes for the Engines, Cowlings, Fuselage , anywhere that's supposed to be bare metal, or polished chrome as well.

Also I noticed it improves reflections on any Airport TERMINAL Glass windows as well , as well as ATC Control towers.

I'm enclosing some photo screen shots of the Original FSX Global Enviro' Default textures so you can see the difference , as well as the NEW improved FSX Global Enviro textures.

In the download found on FLIGHTSIM.COM are the simple easy instructions for copying & pasting the new files, suggest you back up and keep the originals in case you do not like the new textures.

Now, a sim pilot by the name of BOB, came out with these back in 2008 for FSX,, and I stumbled across this HIDDEN GEM of an effect in like 2013 and this file is NOT talked about much on any forums, and I can't understand why,, it works GREAT !

see the SCREEN SHOTS and try for yourselves !

Hopefully one of you Sim Pilots with Aircrafts of the A2A Connie and the B377 will take some screen shots ,, BEFORE and After so everybody can see & judge the difference for themselves, that would be very helpful.

PS ~ I should add, that in your FSX Settings, pilots should have their "Reflections" turned on !!

Also depending on IF you have an "ADD-ON" Video Graphics Card to make sure your Reflections are turned on within the Graphics card settings, depending on what type of Video Graphics card you have and how expensive it is, the more expensive ones have that feature, at least mine does on my XFX Radeon R9 270X Video Graphics Card.

yours may be different or NOT needed at all,, depending ,,,,,,

I Highly recommend this download for everybody.

Jetranger.

BendyFlyer
Airman

Re: Connie PILOTS make your Propliner Shine New Discovery !

Post by BendyFlyer »

Jetranger7 - I agree there is a discernible improvement, took me awhile to recognise it but a very neat little fix. Thanks for the headsup.

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Welcome !!

Most noticeable close up views of your Aircraft rather flying or sitting still,,,,,,

I noticed it with my Graphic Card settings !

Jetranger

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks for the info. Here is the link to save those that are interested from the search. :? :D

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... fid=128325

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”