Keeps crashing

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
LTcoppertop
Airman Basic

Keeps crashing

Post by LTcoppertop »

I just bought Prepar3d v4 with the goal of flying this beauty. Unfortunately, I haven't even seen her in game. I can hear it start to load and the engines run, but that's as far as it gets. Any ideas? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. I also bought the Cessna 172 and it works fine.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Keeps crashing

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Uninstall reinstall can make things worse , and still not get to the cause.
You need to give more info if you need help , IE sim using and mod state of sim , computer specs , is anti virus set to ignor everything flight sim related , is there any clues in the windows op system as to any faulting modules , did you purchase and download the correct connie for your sim .
Are you running the sim and connie as admin , if not you should be.
regards alan. 8)

LTcoppertop
Airman Basic

Post by LTcoppertop »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Uninstall reinstall can make things worse , and still not get to the cause.
You need to give more info if you need help , IE sim using and mod state of sim , computer specs , is anti virus set to ignor everything flight sim related , is there any clues in the windows op system as to any faulting modules , did you purchase and download the correct connie for your sim .
Are you running the sim and connie as admin , if not you should be.
regards alan. 8)
I'm brand new to simming so I'm just looking for a starting point to begin troubleshooting. Sounds like I have a bit to look at! I don't have any mods on Prepar3d v4. After selecting the aircraft and load into the game, the load screen runs fine. It stops once I can hear the engines running but the screen just remains black. The only clue my computer gives me is a "Prepar3d has stop running" and I can either close the program or wait. I have the correct version of connie for my sim. I'll get my PC specs posted later. I appreciate the help.

LTcoppertop
Airman Basic

Post by LTcoppertop »

Got it fixed! I fixed my anti-virus and ran Prepar3d as admin. I'm glad it was simple issue, mostly my ignorance!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
We all have to start somewhere , so not a problem , glad you have it sorted , just remember reinstall is the very last option , after exhaustive checks of everything else , and no question is considdered stipid or silly we have all been there at some point , just take your time learning the systems , and fly with career mode off at first till you feel confident flying her.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”