help with shutting down connie after landing

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
chiron
Airman

help with shutting down connie after landing

Post by chiron »

Hi , I use the auto start to start up the connie. After I land and taxi to parking , set parking brake and set rpm to 1200 and let cool down. I then try to cut mixture at FE console but can't operate them even if FE is in control or not. Any help appreciated :) .

maddz
Senior Airman

Re: help with shutting down connie after landing

Post by maddz »

Are you useing the mouse wheel?

chiron
Airman

Post by chiron »

no left click and drag

chiron
Airman

Post by chiron »

so looks like I can control mixture(and everything else) before I activate the FE, then after I cant control anything even after I land and toggle of FE. Thanks for help :)

Mitchell - A2A
Aviation Writer and Pilot

Post by Mitchell - A2A »

With regard to shutting down our Connie perhaps this may help: Assign a lever (if you have one) to "mixture ", or a assign a switch or keyboard command to "mixture cut". Begin engaging FE and before each start-up with the mixture lever at full rich and leave it there; FE will thereafter adjust the mixture as he sees fit. After stopping at your parking space and setting the parking brakes, pull the mixture lever to "cut", or throw the "mixture cur" switch, or press the "mixture cut" keyboard command. This ought to stop all four engines. Another way is to cut all four magneto switches. I know that this is not the recommended real world thing to do, but I have not had a problem with the engines doing this in the sim. Once the engines have stopped FE will commence the shut-down sequence and when finished, hand the aeroplane back to you.

I hope this helps.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”