sim freezes each 5 or 6 seconds

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
degeus
Airman First Class

sim freezes each 5 or 6 seconds

Post by degeus »

Hello,
I just installed the L-049 for Prepar3D V4 (as update for V3). Now at startup the first engine stops after a few seconds, although automixture is set off. Then when starting at first another 4 engined aircraft and then switch back to L-049, the engines stay alive. Everything reacts to controls, throttle ettc.
BUT each 5 or 6 seconds the image freezes for half a second, then it continues and freezes again and again.
For testing I switched back to the V3 version: everything normal.
What could be wrong?
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: sim freezes each 5 or 6 seconds

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have p3d v3 or v4 , so i might be giving you wrong advice , but it may just be your scenery settings to high in v4.
regards alan. 8)

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
I dont have p3d v3 or v4 , so i might be giving you wrong advice , but it may just be your scenery settings to high in v4.
regards alan. 8)
That was my thought too. Where are your average frame rates at when it's not totally frozen? Does it do it regardless of location? Try going to a very simple airport in the middle of nowhere and see what you get.

degeus
Airman First Class

Post by degeus »

Hello,
As suggested, I lowered the scenery density, level of details etc. No difference, so I reset those again.
Then I uninstalled the L049 and also carefully removed all related entries in add-ons xml's, documents, Prepar3DS V4 add-ons, the A2A Folder in the root of P3D etc.
Then I installed it again, but in the "traditional" way, so into P3D/Simobjects/airplanes itself.
Guess what? Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So thanks for having tried to help me.
reg.
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”