Checklist items - are they all available?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
UKJim
Senior Airman

Checklist items - are they all available?

Post by UKJim »

I been trying to follow the checklist found in the manual and couldn't find some items on the list - is everything on the list available? If not can someone please list the items that are not available?

If everything is there but I've not found it then I may be in touch to find out where they are :)

Great plane once again - going to have lots of fun flying this one.

Cheers
Jim

petic537
Airman Basic

Re: Checklist items - are they all available?

Post by petic537 »

Simple answer - no. Connie from A2A has lot of features, switches and systems that are not modeled.

You really can not compare it with PMDG. If you buy PMDG aircraft you can be sure that every system is modelled, every small switch is there and its function has been properly modelled. Just look at some photos of L-049... You will find that whole panels are missing in A2A Connie.

Also manual from A2A frequently refers to switches or systems that are not modelled!

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

True, you cannot compare it to PMDG.
A2A can properly model radial engines.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

Nowhere in my question was I asking about a comparison of A2A and PMDG - I'm more than satisfied with the level of detail A2A go to with their planes.

My question was regarding the manual and the checklist items. Exactly what items are in the checklist but I should ignore due to those items not being modelled?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

P*Funk
Airman

Post by P*Funk »

This is a problem with the manual's design wherein it was written to replicate the real aircraft's documents in many parts and neither explains what isn't modeled clearly nor what exactly the Flight Engineer script will do exactly at every stage of things.

Attempts to even get people to acknowledge this issue on these forums is erm... frustrating. The reflex to start defending against PMDG comparisons even when not made indicates how rote this reaction is sadly. Having not flown the bird in a few months I'm not qualified to comment and sadly this has probably been answered a few times and will be continuously lost as the threads are pushed back into the pages of forum history. I learned pretty quickly to bookmark important threads that document things not mentioned in the manual.

AviatorMoser
Airman

Post by AviatorMoser »

I believe there are some items there that pertain to the C-69 Constellation that were not in the civilian model. Don't quote me on that though.

Destroy
Airman First Class

Post by Destroy »

UKJim wrote:Exactly what items are in the checklist but I should ignore due to those items not being modelled?

Jim
Seems no matter what plane I get, I end up making my own Cliff Notes checklist in Excel then Word anyway. You easily sort through and figure out what knobs and levers are inop doing this.

Not Connie but I have a B377 quick check list if anyone is interested.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

I did my own for the 377 but not the connie yet. Didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done.

Thanks for all your advice it's a shame that the list cannot be highlighted where the item is not necessary.

Cool
Airman First Class

Post by Cool »

May be you could be interested by this one:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 55#p450755

:wink:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”