V4 update and other sellers

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
jimos87
Airman

V4 update and other sellers

Post by jimos87 »

When will they get the updated version of the constellation?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: V4 update and other sellers

Post by Oracle427 »

It is probably best to raise a support request with the other sellers to express your interest in them uploading the latest V4 installers. As with every other release, it can take a few days/weeks for them to update their sites and A2A does not control their update schedule.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Pretty much what Oracle said :)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

garner
Airman Basic

Post by garner »

I'm waiting for Just Flight to upload it. Not that I've installed V4 yet anyway, there are still a couple of other add-ons that need updating first...

It does seem a bit strange having to rely on third-party vendors for updates. Why is this? What happens if they go out of business?

If I buy a copy of Windows from Amazon, Newegg or one of 1,000 other retailers that sell it, I still get updates directly from Microsoft. Surely it would be easier to have a centrally distributed patch.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The update isn't a patch, its a whole new piece of software. Similar to if you purchased goods from a store your return is to the store not the creator for the most part. If you wish to deal with the producer and support them then you can use the own brand store, in this case our A2A direct store is here;
https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/

thanks,
Lewis

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

garner wrote:I'm waiting for Just Flight to upload it. Not that I've installed V4 yet anyway, there are still a couple of other add-ons that need updating first...

It does seem a bit strange having to rely on third-party vendors for updates. Why is this? What happens if they go out of business?

If I buy a copy of Windows from Amazon, Newegg or one of 1,000 other retailers that sell it, I still get updates directly from Microsoft. Surely it would be easier to have a centrally distributed patch.
Er, YOU select the vendor, yes? Not forced on you by anyone? If you chose one that isn't the direct supplier surely you chose to accept the `risk` (like there is one, really).

In any event, you misunderstand what the update is, rendering this entire topic superfluous: You cannot get a `patch` for the V4 version, it's a separate stand-alone installer, as Lewis alluded to.
It just happens to be bundled with the earlier P3D version to provide contiguous P3D coverage.

The new dual installer (possibly triple if you went for the FSX/P3D bundle) is supplied to the vendor to replace the old installer. So it's their responsibility to make it available to you as their customer. There is no fiscal relationship of any kind between A2A and You for the supply of that product. The limit of the relationship is to provide a venue (forum) and means for support.

It's naive of you to expect any publishing house to simply drop everything to upload this: It's a global market with different timezones, holiday and working day requirements; you are `A` customer, not `THE` customer - they have raft of works that predate this, multiple platforms and sims to support, so it will be done in the fullness of time because they also have other customers to satisfy. You wait your turn and JF will notify you via email when it's ready. The exception seems to be PCAviator, who seem populated by a single slack-jawed yokel spending more time fishin' in the bayou than supporting customers, but that's another fake news story.

And to complete your educational message: All patches are issued separately via this site to all customers by the developer, bypassing the vendor. As of time of writing the current A2A universal patch predates the v4 updated installer, meaning you ONLY need the updated installer, for which you need to wait for Just Flight. And install v4.

garner
Airman Basic

Post by garner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The update isn't a patch, its a whole new piece of software. Similar to if you purchased goods from a store your return is to the store not the creator for the most part. If you wish to deal with the producer and support them then you can use the own brand store, in this case our A2A direct store is here;
https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/

thanks,
Lewis
No worries, I'm not trying to start an argument, and as I mentioned I haven't even installed V4 yet so it isn't an issue for me. I was just looking to see what had been updated and was curious about why this one hadn't been, that's all.

As far as I'm aware, software purchased from any store isn't normal goods. Support is usually provided by the creator, not the retailer. Taking just one of the many things I've got installed here as an example, I bought Ableton Live from an online music store but I get my updates direct from Ableton.

Anyway, this is a niche market and people do tend to get incredibly defensive about it (the guy above, thanks for that) so I won't ask any similar questions again. If I'd realised it was about supporting the producer, I would have bought direct from A2A but presumably A2A authorises these other companies to undercut its own store - if I've bought a dodgy copy that doesn't deserve support, I do apologise, I had no idea.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, you can post about it and please do ask any questions. But your ableton question is only for updates, the P3Dv4 is essentially a new version of the software altogether than we are giving to users for free. Its an entirely new installer, new software.

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, you can post about it and please do ask any questions. But your ableton question is only for updates, the P3Dv4 is essentially a new version of the software altogether than we are giving to users for free. Its an entirely new installer, new software.

Normal updates do as you say come from us using our Accu-sim updater process.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”