COTS won't let me start engines on Strato nor Connie?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
RichardFS
Airman First Class

COTS won't let me start engines on Strato nor Connie?

Post by RichardFS »

I've had the Stratocruiser for about two months now, and have loved it thus far. I didn't get the COTS addon as it was more expensive and didn't feel it was necessary. Other than having hiccups while learning the systems, it's given me no problems at all. Yesterday I finally bought the Connie which comes with COTS as default. I scoured through the manual and through multiple online checklists and youtube videos but no matter what I do, I just can't start the engines manually. I have to auto-start them every time. I bought the COTS for the Strato today just for consistency and just to compare, and when I went to start the engines the way I have ever since I bought it, and the way that has worked every single time, suddenly doesn't work. I have to auto-start these too now. Any reasons why? Is it COTS or is it user error? This is extremely frustrating.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: COTS won't let me start engines on Strato nor Connie?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first thing to ask is if you have run the latest Updater?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

first thing to ask is if you have run the latest Updater?

thanks,
Lewis
I wasn't aware of one

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Are you flying in hot or cold temps?
ImageImageImage

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

A-26Invader wrote:Are you flying in hot or cold temps?
Been doing a South America tour, so mostly in the 70's and 80's Fahrenheit (between 20 and 30 Celsius). The temperatures aren't a factor, I know that. It's either something I'm doing wrong (which is unlikely because I've tried just about everything) or something wrong with COTS. I say COTS because before I got it for the Stratocruiser I had no issues whatsoever. Now that both planes have it neither will start the way they're supposed to.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Run the update tool as installing a additional Accusim aircraft can introduce issues until the update in installed. There are shared some "core" files between the Accusim aircraft that can get overwritten as each aircraft is installed. The updater will set those core files straight as well as patch up specific aircraft.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Further to what has already been said , are you trying to do everything manually . or are you letting the FE set everything up , prior to you starting or trying to start the engines.
look here for the latest a2a updater programe , download it , then run it , it finds and updates all your A2A aircraft.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819
regards alan. 8)

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

RichardFS wrote:
A-26Invader wrote:Are you flying in hot or cold temps?
Been doing a South America tour, so mostly in the 70's and 80's Fahrenheit (between 20 and 30 Celsius). The temperatures aren't a factor, I know that. It's either something I'm doing wrong (which is unlikely because I've tried just about everything) or something wrong with COTS. I say COTS because before I got it for the Stratocruiser I had no issues whatsoever. Now that both planes have it neither will start the way they're supposed to.
Reason I ask is due to the temperatures here in Southern California went from cool/cold to hot and for the life of me I couldn't start any engines just using primer. I thought something in COTS possibly broke or I was doing something wrong, all fixed by moving the mixture to idle lean back to idle cut-off and flooding the engine before turning the engine over. BUT to jump on the wagon here I recommend running that update so you are current and any bugs should be fixed in the process.
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”