Just a few questions I couldn't find the answer to

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
brodie4598
Airman Basic

Just a few questions I couldn't find the answer to

Post by brodie4598 »

Thanks for this plane A2A - I'm loving it. I've gotten to the point that I am mostly confident with using it but have some questions I couldn' find in the manual. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help out.
  • What does the Auto Cold and Dark button do?
  • What does setting my status as AFK do?
  • I am flying this plane in AirHauler and whenever the AirHauler flight is loaded the plane starts as if it had just landed. In other words, when I put the FE to work he says "shutting systems down" and nothing ever happens. I can get around this by going to the career window and resetting my career, but is there another way to reset the plane to a fresh start? I assume I am resetting a lot more than just the systems.
  • Is there any way to set the fuel manually other than furiously clicking the plus and minus buttons? Like to set a specific amount of fuel by weight/gallons? Is there any problem doing this in the FS menu?
  • Same question but in regards to weight? I want to be able to set the specific weight I am hauling in AirHauler
  • In my last three flights, shortly after takeoff there is an announcement of apology for a problem that occurred. I am not aware of any problem though. The crew report window shows everything is fine and there were no notifications from the crew that there was a problem. Any idea what that is about?
  • Also regarding the FE. When I am starting up there comes a point when power is cut to the plane. All the cockpit lights go out and it is impossible to to start the engines until I either turn the master off then back on, or wait a couple minutes until all the lights come back on. The FE doesn't say anything about this so I ahve no idea what is happening.
Thanks again for anyone that can help.

Noah

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Re: Just a few questions I couldn't find the answer to

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey Noah,

I'll answer what I can:

-Auto C/D makes it so the aircraft is shut down and all systems off every time you load the aircraft, in essence like a pilot just walking into the aircraft before a flight.

-AFK stands for Away From Keyboard, it will pause the flight upon certain perimeters (certain time limit, certain altitude reached, or during an emergency). This allows for coffee breaks or bathroom breaks during long flights while the AP is flying.

-As far as airhauler, I'm not familiar with that program.

-Setting the fuel/weight manually in FS does work for the aircraft, however the loading screen in the actual program allows you to distribute the weight better, and can also be done manually.

-I had the same issue with an "unknown problem", for me it turned out I was low on fuel. Around 15% fuel in any engine will trigger an emergency declaration.

-As for losing power, make sure you are connected to ground power while you're at the gate and going through your preflight check, or else the batteries will be drained completely and you will lose power.

Hope this helps!
-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

brodie4598
Airman Basic

Post by brodie4598 »

Thanks FR - That all makes sense!

Regarding the last point, I had this happen again last night. It really does sound like the battery is running out however a couple things don't make sense - unless the FE is doing something odd.

If the bat is drained, turning the master off then back on shouldn't fix it, but it does every time. And in the instance last night, I had #3 turning with the generator on so even without the GPU I should have had power.

I have been able to mitigate this by using the flight deck lights as an indicator. I turn the FL lights on and if I can see them I know I can start the engines. If the lights are not on I can't start any engines. If I turn the master off and back on, then the lights turn back on and I can start the engines.

Starting to think this is a bug but it's so glaring I'm sure I may be doing something wrong.

Is there any chance I have an old version or something? I just purchased it so I assume I downloaded the most current build right?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When you purchase ANY A2A aircraft , you need to run the updater as they are NOT up to date on the downloads , its the way A2A do it , the latest updater is all you need and it will find and check all your A2A aircraft , and update those that need to be updated , its easy and self explanitry to use link below for updater.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819
As for weight/balance , ALWAYS USE SHIFT+4 weight/balnce page and NOT the FSX/P3D weight/balance , or your freight hauler programe , else your aircraft could end up overloaded or out of balance , once your aircraft is loaded this way for your flight , THEN transfer these figures to your airhauler programe manually.
As for emergency annoucement , ANY FUEL TANK getting to 10% will trigger this , as will turbulace , if you forget the seatbelt signs , as i would suspect an engine inflight shutdown would , but i have not had one yet , so guessing on this , also heating /pressureizeation failure would trigger an emergency.
You state the appology happened shortly after takeoff , are you pulling the stick back to far on rotation , and getting a tail strike.
I have some basic training videos that might help you understand this aircraft a bit better link below.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 03#p447937
regards alan. 8)

brodie4598
Airman Basic

Post by brodie4598 »

Thanks so much Alan - I will be watching your videos tonight.

Regarding airhauler, I am fine manually setting the weights via the loading tool, I just wish there was a way to manually type in the fuel/cargo. That's okay though.

The big hurdle I am having now is with having to "reset" the plane at the beginning of every flight. They way AirHauler works, it creates a P3D saved flight with the correct position, weight and fuel and then automatically loads that saved flight.

I am okay manually setting the cargo/fuel, however, for some reason, this saved flight is messing the plane up. When I turn on the FE, he says "shutting systems down" and nothing ever happens again. I cannot get the plane to start up manually no matter what I do. I don't know what to do except hit the career reset button but that's resetting a lot more than just the flight, right?

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Air Hauler should have a mode to allow you to manually start simulator. In this mode, you can load FSX manually and then "enable" Air Hauler once you have everything setup. This will fix the issue. I haven't used the program in a while, so I don't remember the exact procedure, but I know it's a setting in the options.

brodie4598
Airman Basic

Post by brodie4598 »

Thanks - I'll try that too

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”