engine problem

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

engine problem

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Not sure if this is a fault since connie update , or a weather related issue.
While flying on vatsim today , real weather downloaded every 15min by ASN , flying from KMIA to MKJP at cruise of 19000ft , with paul newman onboard , i had a sick pax emergency 180nm from destination , started my decent to 2000ft , a swift look at nearest suitable airports , i had a choice of MUHA / MKJP / MKJS , none really close , i had only just got my ATIS for destination when the emergency happend , ATIS was not good for MKJP , thunderstorms and severe windshear 11 nm from MKJP , so i decided to head for MKJS , on approach i was being buffeted about , possibly on the edge of the storm , on finals in ils beam the engine 2 stalled twice , and came back , i am not sure if this was weather related or something the engineer did , on shutdown a check in the hangar showed all engines to be in excellent condition , shift+4 showed i had 13% fuel in outboards and about 25% in inboards , so not a fuel shortage , once flight finished i checked in the FSUIPC throttle movement , all seemed ok , once sim shut down i checked throttles in the ch manager , and all was well .
Anyone else experienced anything like engine stall in the connie , if so , what type of weather did you have , as this is what i think is the reason for my problem , and it sure gets your attention when it happens.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”