An additional GPS option and a Suggestion

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

An additional GPS option and a Suggestion

Post by caribpilot »

Hi,

I was just wondering if A2A may consider adding a mounted default GPS unit to the cockpit of the Connie? While I have no real issue with the one that has been provided, I just thought it would be a nice option to keep the original look of the cockpit but also have a means of using GPS.

Also, after seeing a few videos of the Connie at sunset/night time, I was wondering if the landing light effect on the spinning props can be added at some point in the future?
M.Carter
Private Pilot

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: An additional GPS option and a Suggestion

Post by CAPFlyer »

Please open the A2A Aircraft Configurator and select "GPS 400". This is the default FSX GPS.

As for the lighting on the props - this is an FSX issue and limitation and not possible with the way that FSX handles lighting.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

I really do not understand why A2A gave us default landing lights for such a nice bird ... ?

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

CAPFlyer wrote:Please open the A2A Aircraft Configurator and select "GPS 400". This is the default FSX GPS.

As for the lighting on the props - this is an FSX issue and limitation and not possible with the way that FSX handles lighting.
I'm not referring to the GPS 400 that's mounted in the center of the glareshield. I am referring to a mounted GPS unit such as the GPS MAP 295. That's why I mention it would at least keep the original look of the cockpit.

As for the props reflecting the landing lights, it is possible
M.Carter
Private Pilot

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

I'd love to see how they're doing that because FSX can't process a fixed light splash on a rotating texture. Remember, that prop disk is a texture being rotated, not an actual animated model.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

So how Majestic done that ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Artur wrote:I really do not understand why A2A gave us default landing lights for such a nice bird ... ?
engine limitations in the sim, your only allow x amount of say polys for an aircraft, y amount of animations, z amount of texture types etc etc. Its up to us to full the bucket as best we can, for the connie we have the whole career system and captain of the ship with AI, but whatever we do the bucket size remains the same for many things.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

Artur wrote:So how Majestic done that ?
I think that's FSFX Old Prop Solutions, add on effects package. They do them for the Mjc Dash 8, NGX, Aerosoft Bus and the FSW Learjet. Also do Precipitationfx.

I think their effects override the models effects?

The Connie is beautiful as she is, don't know if they are considering it for an add on?

Cheers.

David

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Actually the prop light effect on the Q400 is a default effect that comes with the aircraft. The FSFX package enhances other lights and effects
M.Carter
Private Pilot

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”