Engineer and the GPU

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
severniae
Senior Airman

Engineer and the GPU

Post by severniae »

Hi People,

I was wondering, as part of the VFE's preparation flow, he connects the aircraft to the GPU - Is there any way at all to toggle him to not use the APU for preparing the aircraft/starting the engines? I'd like to simulate flying out of remote strips that wouldn't necessarily have a GPU available for use, but if I try and turn it off, he always turns it on again!

If its not possible now, is it planned in a future release?
Thanks,
James

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engineer and the GPU

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I am sure a batt start was possible prior to update , but cannot remember , will have to look into it , but in the meantime , i would suggest you let the engineer do is prestart setup , then once hes done , goto the engineers panel , open shift+3 turn fe station off , turn gpu off , then start engines , once finished reselect fe station.
regards alan. 8)

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

If you have the engineer active he will apply the GPU until either two or three engines are running (can't remember which) and their generators are online. Alan's recommendation of allowing the engineer to set up, turn him off, start engines and then turn him back on would be the only way to both have him do most of his work and not have the GPU running.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Prior to flying on vatsim today in the connie , i tried a prestart test , aircraft was cold/dark at kbur , gpu off i hit the fe station button.
The engineer set everything up for a start ,ON BATT ONLY he never started the GPU , i did the GPU start after confirming he can set things up on BATT alone .
regards alan. 8)

severniae
Senior Airman

Post by severniae »

How did you manage to get him to do that? Is there a setting, I've never managed to get him to do a bat only start..

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Nothing special , on shift+3 auto c/d on damage on sperry and gps on meals career airstairs on hit fe station button.
regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Severniae,

The only way to do a battery start is if you manage the starting process, as the engineer will always use the APU when the battery drains to a certain point.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”