Carb Icing with FE

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Carb Icing with FE

Post by bobsk8 »

I was flying today and started getting a clicking sound. I hit the shift 2 key and it said I had carb icing. I saw the 4 switches for carb anti ice, and I flipped them on, the clicking stopped and eventually the message went away. My question is, who is supposed to handle the operation of those switches, the PIC or the FE?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Carb Icing with FE

Post by AviationAtWar »

FE should apply carb heat first and switches are a last resort. I've had to turn the switches on myself but I'm pretty certain they are the FE's responsibility. I know there were some icing issues identified and being worked on for the update.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

AviationAtWar wrote:FE should apply carb heat first and switches are a last resort. I've had to turn the switches on myself but I'm pretty certain they are the FE's responsibility. I know there were some icing issues identified and being worked on for the update.
Thanks.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

FE running the carbs really cold and ignoring icing is a known issue, and will be resolved in the next update, along with a few other minor bugs. As a precaution, whenever you fly into icing conditions make sure you manually turn on the anti ice pumps. They only need to be on for a minute or so to get rid of the ice. FE will, however, turn on wing and prop deice switches when flying in icing conditions.
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

There's another thread for this issue already:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 34&t=57352

I have the same issue.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”