Cool payware airport or scenery that you fly your Connie in?

The "Queen of the Skies"
BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Re: Cool payware airport or scenery that you fly your Connie

Post by BraselC5048 »

hawx2k wrote:Thanks for the tipps re the freeware OrbX airports.

As a follow-up: Are there any free- or payware airports available (p3dv4 ideally) that are in their historic (i.e. 1940s to 1970s) rendition which would make it really cool to fly to with the Connie? I really doubt it, because everyone usually wants the most up to date rendition of any given airport, but thought I still ask the question :).

Thanks,

Jan
There isn't any payware for 1940's-1970's sceneries. There is, however, a ton of freeware scenery out there on the CalClassics website, covering most of the world's major airports, as well as global 1950's propliner AI traffic replacing the default traffic. (Really cool, I always use it.) http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm (AI traffic is elsewhere on the same site.) The global AI traffic actually works perfectly in FSX. Most of the scenery is for fs2004, but there's a thread here http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/ ... lities-fsx about what works in FSX and what doesn't. All of these have aircraft make a 'terminal turn' rather than being pushed back out of the gate, just like back then. I've actually updated several of my favorite ones to FSX myself. (Although you'll be flying out of LaGuardia instead of Idewald (JFK today), since one has been fully updated and the other doesn't work.) London is out, but Paris Le Bergout is in, as are Gandor and Shannon.

hawx2k
Airman

Post by hawx2k »

I'll skim through these lists. The problem I see is that most if not all of them will only be FSX compatible and not for P3D v4 which I'm using. I think that's the crux if you are trying to fly classic planes in state-of-the-art simulations :O.

Jan

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

hawx2k wrote:Thanks :).

I'll skim through these lists. The problem I see is that most if not all of them will only be FSX compatible and not for P3D v4 which I'm using. I think that's the crux if you are trying to fly classic planes in state-of-the-art simulations :O.

Jan
You can always just go ahead and install it anyway and see if it works. Over half the fs2004 ones work perfectly in FSX unmodified, and half of those that don''t have only minor detail issues, and for all anyone knows they might work in P3D v4 as well. The FSX updated ones might be even more likely to work. (On not - the only ones that get updated are the ones that don't work in FSX; if the fs2004 one worked, it wouldn't get updated.) Always worth a shot, no reason not to.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”