The check ground procedures...?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
gege21
Senior Airman

The check ground procedures...?

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

After watching many very good videos done by very skilled and advertised guys on the Connie procedures, all the videos seems missing some part of the ground procedures.

Do we have to check all the time this ? :

I don't really understand what it is supposed to do for but it seems to be part of the entire process check for the ground accessories and engines.

All the videos I saw aren't showing this spotted part...

Your advices please :)

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Re: The check ground procedures...?

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

The first bit makes sure the superchargers work for each engine and the second bit makes sure you'll be able to feather the prop in an emergency. And yes, since these are the normal procedures this should be checked every flight. I guess it'll come in quite handy when COTS decides to throw something at you when you least expect it...
Last edited by Lufthansa 380 on 24 Jan 2017, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer. That help me to do the right way. On side of the technical feature I'm not very well skilled to know what it is supposed to do for.

I probably must doing some internet research about that but right now it is not my priority.

I just wished to know if this procedure check was needed or not and so it is needed.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The reason it's not in the videos is mainly because in the real world most of the time, these checks were carried out by the mechanical staff at the start of the day before the flight crew showed up. This procedure allowed them to find or take care of any last minute issues in addition to warming the engines for the crew so they wouldn't have to wait as long before taxiing out. If you want to simulate this or go by the book is your choice. I've actually had a few occasions where I've done the "pre-boarding" stuff on an especially cold day. Warms the engines, gets the cabin warm, makes sure the engines will start the first try when I'm actually ready to go. I might do it the night before because of time constraints, but I still do it. :)

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Ok CAPFlyer for your infos; as I discover and try to apply all the procedures check list myself (just for the fun) I'm going to do all these dispatched job. Considering the cold weather/temp its seems preferable to operate a pre warm up for the engines before boarding the passengers and prevent the waiting time to be too long before taxiing and takeoff.
This is similar with all others work tasks the planning work is essential and result to do the rest of work easier...

Have a nice evening

Cheers
Gerard

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”