Finished Paints - A suggestion

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
ebo
Master Sergeant

Finished Paints - A suggestion

Post by ebo »

I have noticed that the finished paints thread gets cluttered with all sorts of previews and other comments, which now makes it very difficult to see what paints are available. I am aware of the freewarescenery page that is available and very good place to go.

My suggestions to the moderators of this site.
1) could contributors place not more than one or two pictures of their creation.
2) comments are welcome, but if possible don't quote with the images included.
3) Previews of paints should be placed in the relevant section for Previews
4) Creators of paints should create their own threads showcasing their progress of work.

I do not want to dictate what should and what should not be done on this forum, but since I am a stickler of order and organisation, these suggestions make sense to me.

Perhaps there are others that feel the same way. If not, then it's my 2 cents worth ;)
Last edited by ebo on 22 Jan 2017, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Re: Finished Paints - A suggestion

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Very sensible suggestions!

Bill

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Or I could just not paint anymore. Sorry to clutter up your forum.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Whatever happened to the courteous helpful attitude that most of us appreciated on this forum!

Malcolm

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Please dont feel offended by my SUGGESTIONS.

I was not pointing fingers at any one.

There are so myny wonderful paints already created and being created and thus my idea was to find these paints much easier.

Please do not see this as something personal. And by all means carry on with your great work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

A very sensible suggestion Ebo.

Cheers Chris

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

It is a very sensible suggestion ebo. The "Finished Paint" thread was created, just as in other aircraft sections, as a place for posting links and images of available paints so that users could find them easier than scrolling through the many threads in the Connie forum. IMHO comments are always welcome, but agree that a work in progress would be better served in its own thread. FAC had mentioned a master paint list with links, and that may be needed as the Connie is popular and many talented painters are putting out beautiful work, and all of them, beginner to advanced, deserve a place to showcase their work.

Ebo, you made no innuendo, nor blatant criticism of any one member/painter, but merely a suggestion for a bit of tidiness in a thread meant to make things easier for users. I see no harm in that suggestion.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Thanks Scott and Chris.
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

One thing that stuck me, Thinking man Ian, was surprised this forum dose not have a library of all the A2A aircraft paint and cockpit modifications, a sorta one stop shop from Connie's to Cubs 8)

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

It would certainly help the 'late(r) adopters' find them.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Ian Warren wrote:One thing that stuck me, Thinking man Ian, was surprised this forum dose not have a library of all the A2A aircraft paint and cockpit modifications, a sorta one stop shop from Connie's to Cubs 8)
+1! I've been thinking this for years. It'd be a fair amount of work for A2A, but I'd love to see a downloads library here along the lines of, say, Aerosoft's. Repaints are so much a part of the culture here, and there are so many of them, and yet it's so difficult to track them down. Forest (FAC257) did a great job with the sticky thread on the Stratocruiser subforum, but that's a one-off. Otherwise, our best bet is Robert-Jan Oosteroo's list at his freewarescenery.com site (which I flagged in another post). But he can't keep on top of everything. I often find myself trying to note down the page numbers of particular paints in the various "finished repaints" threads, but have a hard time keeping track of them. And not all repaints get into the official threads - some of them are included only in their own separate threads. It'd be great to have exactly what Ian suggests - a one-stop shop for all A2A community paints and mods. Hope they'll consider it at some point.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Ian Warren wrote:One thing that stuck me, Thinking man Ian, was surprised this forum dose not have a library of all the A2A aircraft paint and cockpit modifications, a sorta one stop shop from Connie's to Cubs 8)
+1 8)

Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

DrumsArt wrote:
+1 8)

Regards,
+1

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”