N749NL Connie of Aviodrome in pilot's manual

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
ApacheHunter
Airman

N749NL Connie of Aviodrome in pilot's manual

Post by ApacheHunter »

First I'd like to state that I'm not accusing anyone of making any mistakes, but I found a little something on page 52 in the manual that isn't quite right. Of course the picture at the top of the page is about the engine and I don't really know what the exact type number of that particular engine is, but there's one thing I know for sure: the aircraft pictured is not an L-1049 Super Constellation, but it's an L-749 Constellation. It's the N749NL restored Lockheed Constellation of the Aviodrome aviation museum in Lelystad, the Netherlands, where I work as a volunteer on the flightsims. (for more information: http://aviosim.org/nl/index.php/en/)

Note the yellow stairs behind the car and the Connie in the photo below, which is also clearly visible in the photo on page 52:

And an even better view:

The aircraft was delivered to the USAF as a C-121A in 1949 and became an agricultural sprayer in 1970, before being beautifully restored to flying condition and flown to the Netherlands in 2004. The initial plans of keeping her flying unfortunately failed because of obvious financial reasons and she was moved inside to protect her from the weather. And guess what? Everytime I work on the museum's flightsims I get to look at her all day, as she is displayed right next to us! :D

For more information on the aircraft: http://www.conniesurvivors.com/N749NL.htm

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Re: N749NL Connie of Aviodrome in pilot's manual

Post by Ian Warren »

Great couple photo's 8)

ApacheHunter
Airman

Re: N749NL Connie of Aviodrome in pilot's manual

Post by ApacheHunter »

Thanks!

Well, I'd hoped more people would be interested is this. After all, it is a beautiful airplane!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”