Is there a problem with the Flight Engineer ??

The "Queen of the Skies"
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Is there a problem with the Flight Engineer ??

Post by Styggron »

CAPFlyer wrote:I'm sorry, but that is not reasonable because it assumes practices not followed by A2A or any other developer - ever. As A2A's own manual says, the checklists and flows are reproduced from real manuals, that means they simply copied the contents and duties from the real checklists. If you download one of the real L-049 or C-69 manuals, you'll find them almost exactly identical. A reasonable statement is that A2A would not re-write the checklists simply because they're afraid someone would make the assumption that the VFE does everything that is on the checklist.

I'm sorry you got confused, but that is the situation - the VFE does only what I've said he does on both the B-377 and L-049. No claims otherwise have ever been made by A2A, only assumptions by users after the fact.
I could not disagree more.
The manual is not for people to guess what needs doing and what should not, it is there for people to follow and if it refers to something that is not modelled (according to the video on top of this thread) then at the VERY least it should clearly state that. End of story. It is more than reasonable if the item is under FE and you have enabled the FE then the FE should do that end of story. :) Just like it does on the B377

I know you don't agree but I don't agree with you either. :)

Moving on.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

P*Funk
Airman

Post by P*Funk »

CAPFlyer wrote:No claims otherwise have ever been made by A2A, only assumptions by users after the fact.
Assumptions made in the absence of positive definitions of the exact things to expect the VFE to do are the problem. The implication of the VFE is he does the FE's job, and if the checklists are verbatim from the real manuals then you cannot fault people for making an assumption that isn't contradicted by any statement by A2A.

I'm usually not someone who gets caught out by technicalities as I read thoroughly all manuals and the Connie manual sadly lacks clarity on the VFE's exact behavior therefore one needs to peruse the forums and dig through many threads to be certain what is or isn't supposed to happen. This makes the manual incomplete as a solitary reference to the simulated aircraft. The checklists, unedited and lacking full annotations with respect to modeled features in the sim version, are a reasonable source of confusion without the additional information of the forum.

In a few years when all these threads get buried it'll only make it even harder for newcomers.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

P*Funk wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:No claims otherwise have ever been made by A2A, only assumptions by users after the fact.
Assumptions made in the absence of positive definitions of the exact things to expect the VFE to do are the problem. The implication of the VFE is he does the FE's job, and if the checklists are verbatim from the real manuals then you cannot fault people for making an assumption that isn't contradicted by any statement by A2A.

I'm usually not someone who gets caught out by technicalities as I read thoroughly all manuals and the Connie manual sadly lacks clarity on the VFE's exact behavior therefore one needs to peruse the forums and dig through many threads to be certain what is or isn't supposed to happen. This makes the manual incomplete as a solitary reference to the simulated aircraft. The checklists, unedited and lacking full annotations with respect to modeled features in the sim version, are a reasonable source of confusion without the additional information of the forum.

In a few years when all these threads get buried it'll only make it even harder for newcomers.
100% my point. The manual needs updating.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”