My training videos

The "Queen of the Skies"
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

My training videos

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I thought i would keep all my connie training videos in one spot , for those who wish to view them , these are guides only , to help those who are either new , to simming or the connie or both , so you can start to enjoy this little gem of an aircraft .
regards alan. 8)

video 1 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/112329542 basic FSUIPC A2A Control Configurator and engine start up
video 2 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/113183890 cabin preflight checks and a full flight
video 3 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/113607208 adding some extra switches to the FSUIPC
video 4 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/113764582 finding a good decent decent setting
video 5 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/114095927 experimenting with decent speed that gives some bmep reading
video 6 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/114301478 still not happy with decent speeds
video 7 :- https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/117527413 EMERGENCIES total hydraulic failure
video 8 :- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118902496 adding more controls including mixture in A2A configuator and FSUIPC
Last edited by alan CXA651 on 01 Feb 2017, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: My training videos

Post by n421nj »

Cant wait to watch.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

bal
Airman

Post by bal »

[quote="alan CXA651"]Hi.
I thought i would keep all my connie training videos in one spot , for those who wish to view them , these are guides only , to help those who are either new , to simming or the connie or both , so you can start to enjoy this little gem of an aircraft .
regards alan. 8)

Love it

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice videos, will they be uploaded to youtube at all?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
No is the answer to that , as i cannot get a google account to do that , i had a gmail but lost the ability to get to it , and every time they send an updated password , guest where the silly devils send it to , yep my gmail , so i can never get an acount because of this.
What i have been told by Styggron is , if i save my twitch videos as highlights , they dont get deleted on twitch , these training videos have been saved in highlight , so they should remain on twitch , wish i had known that at the start , videos like my grand canyon run in the b17 would not have been deleted had i known.
regards alan. 8)

N1684T
Staff Sergeant

Post by N1684T »

Alan,
Thank you for the training videos, enjoy them all and very helpful.
Best Regards
Mark S.
Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress-Accusimed/Boeing 377 Stratocruiser-COTS/ Piper Cub-Accusimed/Cessna 172 Trainer/Piper Cherokee 180/T-6 "TEXAN"/Constellation L049

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have just got around to putting 3 more training vids up see first post of thread.
I have a few points that i think need addressing on the hydraulic system .
regards alan. 8)

Scorpio
Airman

Post by Scorpio »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
I have just got around to putting 3 more training vids up see first post of thread.
I have a few points that i think need addressing on the hydraulic system .
regards alan. 8)
Hi Alan,
I have been viewing a few of your very useful and interesting videos and I also attended some live sessions.
Thank you for sharing these with the community.

However, I would like to download and save some to them to my hard disk here and that would be no problem at all with youtube, but I do not know a way to do that with twitch videos....
Any suggestions?

Or perhaps you can give it another try to get a NEW account on youtube, so that you would not turn in circles with your old gmail account and avoid all that trouble....? Just a suggestion, though...

Thanks again and keep them coming!
Cheers
Juergen
Juergen Vollmer
ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Juergen.
I tried getting a new account with gmail , but their stupid system keeps throwing it out , until they change their ways i am stuck .
As for these training videos , now i know how to keep them on my account indefinately , instead of the usual two weeks on twitch , it helps.
As for copying them to a hard drive , i have no idea how that can be done at this time.
regards alan. 8)

Scorpio
Airman

Post by Scorpio »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Juergen.
I tried getting a new account with gmail , but their stupid system keeps throwing it out , until they change their ways i am stuck .
As for these training videos , now i know how to keep them on my account indefinately , instead of the usual two weeks on twitch , it helps.
As for copying them to a hard drive , i have no idea how that can be done at this time.
regards alan. 8)
Thank you Alan, for your reply.
As far as I know, you do not NEED a gmail account to upload to youtube, ANY email address will do.....
When I registerd my gmail account I needed someone to recommend me, if I remember correctly. If that is still the case, I would be more than willing to be your "sponsor" ;-)

As to downloading the videos, there must be ways and means. I can capture streaming video, but that means real time, whereas a download is so much faster. But not to worry, I can live with that and I am looking forward to "accompany" you on one of your upcoing adventures in the Connie!

Cheers
Juergen Vollmer
ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have just added training video 8 to my first post , how to add extra contols in A2A configuator and FSUIPC including mixture control and how to get the emerg hyd press to read more than zero.
regards alan. 8)

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello Alan,

Already watched your videos on Twitch but now when I try again to watch on your twitch channel, Twitch send a message like "Sorry. Unless you've got a time machine, there is no possible" or something like that.

But happy you gave links to let us to be able to follow your helpful videos as myself I learn a lot watching them.

Your commentaries are really well helping how to do all the stuffs on this beautiful aircraft.

Just a little bit thing which annoy me: moving all the time your head with Track IR give me eyes tired. If you could move only when needed to change your view will be very nice. But this only concern me; you will do as you like that don't prevent me to watch and listen your very good vids.

Have nice virtual flying time.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

Scorpio
Airman

Post by Scorpio »

Salut Gérard and hello:

I like you appreciate very much what Alan does for us and the community and I have watched nearly all his videos on twitch, some of them several times. I never had a problem there like you experienced it.

What you said about Alan´s continuous head movements is true for me too. It is close to impossible to take closer look when the view changes constantly and does not stay focused. So, I would second your wish to Alan that he keeps his head more steady or even better, only uses TrackIR on approach and perhaps takeoff but the mouse only when explaining things. I do not own TrackIR myself, but there are lots of other videos using both TrackIR AND the mouse movement while recording and it is a LOT easier to follow the narrative when the eyes can rest and focus on what is said in the comments.

Alan, please no offence to you, but I like Gérard (and I am sure many others) would like to ask you to keep the camera more steady so that we can appreciate and enjoy your excellent and very helpful videos even more.

THANK YOU!
Cheers Juergen
Juergen Vollmer
ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Part of the track IR problem is down to my lack of space , and the camera is too close , i compensate with a slightly faster scan rate , and when makeing these videos , it is not moving that fast from my side , when looking at the monitor , i will try and remember next time , as all movement my end seems normal .
regards alan. 8)

Scorpio
Airman

Post by Scorpio »

Hi Alan,

thank you for that clarification. The closeness of the camera certainly explains the impression of your head rushing along the screen very fast when in fact you make normal movements. It is like looking through a magnifying glass, where you also have the impression that the objects move rapidly while in reality they move at normal speed.

As I said, I do not know anything about TrackIR, but perhaps it offers the possibility to zoom out a bit so that the distance travelled by the eye seems shorter than when too close.... Just a thought...

But in any case, please continue your work and give us more videos to admire and learn from!

Cheers
Juergen Vollmer
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”