GREEN GLOW Gauge Fix

The "Queen of the Skies"
EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

GREEN GLOW Gauge Fix

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

This fix will get rid of that green glow on the manifold pressure gauge. Just put this vc9.dds file in the aircraft you want to install it too or you can replace the vc9.dds in the main texture folder inside the Connie folder making all panels look like in the screenshot and without the glow. This only gets rid of the green glow so all other parts of this panel remains original as is from A2A.

If you replace the original vc9.dds gauge in the main texture folder then back up the original anyway.

DOWNLOAD vc9.dds
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dddb8cq4nr1whgd/vc9.zip

~A~

PS... A2A please feel free to use this file in your update if you want.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: GREEN GLOW Gauge Fix

Post by Medtner »

Great job. Green patch has been bugging me. You got rid of the red one at the left MP gauge as well, I see. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

:mrgreen: I was wondering if you were going to notice the red one as well. Good eye!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I'm a sticker for details...

Anyone spotted the typo on the AC-panel? (not sure if it's intentionally/traditionally misspelled, though)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Hehe, did you mean the supercherger?
Cheers
Trev

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Medtner.
It is I am a "Stickler" for detail.
Mind you my Norwegian is rubbish and I can,t play the piano.

Cheers Chris

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Haha, good observation. I call autocorrect, as I don't like to leave a dirty trail of typos after me. ;)

And, yes, supercherger. What's with that? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Thanks Alan!
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Gents,

Probably worth pointing out that the 'green glow' on the 3-4 MP gauge glass actually seems to be the reflection of the landing flaps lever and the red on the 1-2 MP gauge is, I think, the reflection of the throttle lever lock. Obviously they're not dynamic reflections, but I'd say no 'fix' needed here. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Nick M wrote:Gents,

Probably worth pointing out that the 'green glow' on the 3-4 MP gauge glass actually seems to be the reflection of the landing flaps lever and the red on the 1-2 MP gauge is, I think, the reflection of the throttle lever lock. Obviously they're not dynamic reflections, but I'd say no 'fix' needed here. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
I'm with you as far as the reasoning, though I think the green blob is too big to be a reflection of anything I've seen in the cockpit. The red one might be the throttle lock, though.

However, the reflections are dynamic in the real world, and distracting ones like these will be annoying in the long run if kept the same. Best to get rid of it.

The link is dead, though, so maybe it could be uploaded again? (and hopefully A2A can make use of it)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Medtner wrote:
Nick M wrote:Gents,

Cheers,
Nick
I'm with you as far as the reasoning, though I think the green blob is too big to be a reflection of anything I've seen in the cockpit. The red one might be the throttle lock, though.

However, the reflections are dynamic in the real world, and distracting ones like these will be annoying in the long run if kept the same. Best to get rid of it.

The link is dead, though, so maybe it could be uploaded again? (and hopefully A2A can make use of it)
But it is included in his factory paint 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Medtner wrote:[...] I think the green blob is too big to be a reflection of anything I've seen in the cockpit.
I think it's the colour of the reflection which is a little iffy if anything. It's a somewhat brighter shade of green than the handle on the flap lever itself, though looking at the vc9.dds file it seems pretty clear that this is what we're seeing 'reflected'...

I can appreciate that the reflections in the gauge glass are a bit distracting for some, but personally I don't mind them. The reflection of the trim wheel is more prominent to my eye, anyway. :)

Cheers,
Nick

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Yes you are all correct in what the green glow is reflecting and I knew this beforehand but seeing how it's in the spot that it is I was asked to remove it for a few so the gauge numbers could be more visible. Those who wish to see the glow will have to use the default gauge. You can do this by removing any vc9.dds files in your paint texture and letting the aircraft revert to the default vc9 gauge.

Remember, ANY file that is in an texture repaint folder (a specific repaint) the sim will use those files first and then revert to any of the default files in the main Texture folder inside the main aircraft folder.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Just a side note, in case of DDS format we deal with a lossy compression, so creating a new DDS from an old DDS may decrease image quality.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thanks Rob, I just removed the green on the default vc9 file by using the removal tool and foreground color removal. I haven't noticed any decrease in the details yet.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”