Can't save configuration T-6 I've tried everything I've foun

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
an8pilot
Airman

Can't save configuration T-6 I've tried everything I've foun

Post by an8pilot »

Can't save configuration. T-6 Configurator. I've tried everything I've found in here.

I keep reading "did you run it as administrator?'

The grammar of the above is never exact. (I don't mean grammar like a school teacher would grade, I mean grammar that means something to the reader who is not in the writers head. Like you would read in a good maintenance manual. Does the writer mean open the configurator as administrator or P3D? Right clicking P3D doesn't yield admin option so I assume they are speaking of opening the configurator with right click and behold, open as admin. But no change. The configurator will not save changes.

I have read the T-6 manual. Nothing other than basically the the configurator is kewl in the las couple of pages.

There's no configurator manual I've found yet.

No trouble shooting guide.

Out of desperation and grammar not being exact, (A&P I.A.) I went into P3D and checked that all users are able to make changes by right clicking the Lockheed folder and security.

I have gone into P3D and went to Options/Controls/Other and selected Direct Input.

I'm using CH Pro Throttle USB and simply trying to configure Gear Flaps and a couple of other small items.

Exasperated.

I own an actual T6 and the sim does work well compared to the real thing. But this configurator is so enticing, yet exasperating.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Can't save configuration T-6 I've tried everything I've

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello an8pilot,

Sorry to hear you're having a few difficulties with the T-6 configurator, but please can you just clarify a few things before we try to troubleshoot the issue.

Is your copy of the T-6 installed in Prepar3D v4 or an earlier version of the sim?

If it's P3Dv4, have you downloaded the latest installer package and updated from the Windows Start Menu? If so, the add-on should currently show version 18.12.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

From your post, I assume it's the input configurator you're having problems with rather than the aircraft configurator. In this case, are the entries you've saved showing in the configurator UI itself? (e.g. for button functions such as 'gear up and 'gear down', after you've double-clicked the relevant row in the configurator and pressed whichever button you wish to assign, does it appear in the list?)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”