T6 P3DV4 Lack of Power. P3DV4.3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Dean33
Airman

T6 P3DV4 Lack of Power. P3DV4.3

Post by Dean33 »

I haven’t flown the Texan for years so seeing the new V4 release I downloaded from the new shop and thought I’d give it a few trials.

My problem is lack of power - to even take off.

I’ve tried starting the conventional way (and that worked) but even on full revs, full mixture and full prop there’s lots of noise - a healthy powerful engine but just no pull!

It’s like I’m running with a brake on. Engine eventually gets quite hot.

I’ve tried it numerous times with Autostart from a refreshed aircraft (no damage) but it just won’t fly.

Surely I’m doing something stupid - it can’t really be so much more temperamental than the PA28 or Comanche?
Thanks.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: T6 P3DV4 Lack of Power. P3DV4.3

Post by A-26Invader »

Did you run the latest update from A2A?
ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dean33,

Please can you confirm if your default scenario in P3D uses a default aircraft? Saving a complex add-on such as the T-6 in the default scenario can sometimes cause issues.

Also, are you encountering this issue at a default airfield or when using add-on scenery?

Finally, do you use FSUIPC5?

Thanks,
Nick
A-26Invader wrote:Did you run the latest update from A2A?
P.S. Yes, please see here for how to update to the latest version of the T-6. However, this update is related to ground towing so probably won't affect the issue in question.

Dean33
Airman

Post by Dean33 »

Yes I ran the update. Yes I'm using FSUIPC5. Default is LM’s Raptor at Eglin although I did also try loading that in Orbx Socal.

I'll try again at default default with no scenery later today.

Could it be running mixture rich after startup whilst engine warms up? Tips please.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds to me the aircraft is 'stuck' due to a scenery issue of similar rather than it being a "lack of power" as such. If you can let us know what manifold pressure and RPM you're seeing at full throttle with the prop lever fully forward (ideally at or around sea level), it should help to clarify things.

Thanks,
Nick

Dean33
Airman

Post by Dean33 »

Thanks guys. I deleted P3Ds generated filed and then loaded the default flight before selecting the T6
All worked perfect.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear you're back in business - thanks for the update.

Nick

Dean33
Airman

Post by Dean33 »

Not so fast Nick!

After several great flights i had to restart my computer and then after the default flight routine swapping to the T6.

I got the same ‘no pull’ situation. full power developped but the aircraft wouldnt taxi more than a couple of miles per hour. The brake is off but the tailwheel just jiggles around and i can’t taxi. manifold pressure and rpm guages will go all the way in to the red

Moved the aircraft somewhere with defauls scenery but it made no differnce.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - sounds like a strange one. Please can you try loading the sim with FSUIPC disabled to see if this makes any difference. The easiest way to do this is just to temporarily drag the FSUIPC5.dll into a different folder.

Thanks,
Nick

Dean33
Airman

Post by Dean33 »

Hi
That's really interesting.
Yesterday (after the several good flights) I had discovered that FSUIPC was not running!

So I downloaded and installed latest version - and then experienced T6 problems.

Today the T6 is working so I'll wait for it to stick again and remove FSUIPC.

Obviously you are aware of some issues and I await guidance when its sorted.

THANKS

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Not aware of an specific issues with FSUIPC (I use it myself without problems) but in the event of undiagnosed issues, ruling-out FSUIPC is always a worthwhile step as it's an add-on which is always running and can influence the behaviour of the sim in complex ways. Do you have any T-6-specific profiles set up in the software for instance? If issues persist, it may be worth resetting FSUIPC back to its default values. (i.e. delete FSUIPC5.ini and allow it to generate a new one.)

Thanks,
Nick

Pivot
Airman

Post by Pivot »

Dean, another thing to check is that the Controls in P3D are turned off. I also use FSUIPC and have found on a couple occasions things went aria and going into the P3D controls section something had turned theirs back on. Good luck and that is a strange one.
Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 2070 G7 * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * TrackIR 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”