Landing gear light not extinguishing after gear retraction

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hobart Escin

Landing gear light not extinguishing after gear retraction

Post by Hobart Escin »

Hi guys,

Doing a little pattern work this morning in the T-6, which meant a lot of gear cycling up and down. After about 10 touch-and-gos, I noticed my left main gear indicator light was staying illuminated after gear retraction was complete. I went to outside view and the gear appeared to be stowed properly. Extending the gear seemed to go smoothly afterwards and no issues on landing. I kept up in the pattern and encountered the same problem over and over.

Again, no problem with extension, and the gear always visually appeared to be stowed in the up position, just the left gear indicator light stayed on the whole time when the gear was retracted. Wondering if Accusim models uplocks? No issues noticed in the maintenance hanger when I shut down the engine. Thanks!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Landing gear light not extinguishing after gear retracti

Post by Tomas Linnet »

did you check your hydraulic oil level?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Tomas Linnet wrote:did you check your hydraulic oil level?
Yes, almost full. Good pressure on the cockpit gauge too. Weird!

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Yes it models uplocks, hmm maybe you happened to push the L key or some such and that triggered some light effects ? How would you grade those touch and go's :) ? Maybe some failure not yet accounted by the hangar is starting to develop. Get the plane on jacks and swing the gear a couple of times, see what happens, observe closely in the outside view as well to see if it locks. Check all breakers, cockpit indications, a2a pop ups, maybe check your settings, controls, assignments etc.

Maybe even reapply the update, if nothing works ? Is simconnect working like it should, no errors ? What is your version of the sim, is it up to date ?

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”