None of my A2A aircraft work anymore

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ual763
Airman

None of my A2A aircraft work anymore

Post by ual763 »

I'm going to post this here. I had it in the General forum before, but have not gotten any responses. It concerns all of my A2A aircraft, and not just the T6. It's been a few months since I flew my A2A aircraft. After getting sick and tired of flying commercial airliners, I tried to go back to my A2A aircraft (T6, Cherokee, & Connie). Unfortunately, none of them work at all. For example, in the Cherokee, the throttle will move forward and the sound & RPM gauge will both increase. However, the plane will not move (yes the parking brake is off). Furthermore, if you go to outside view, the engine sound is idling as if there is no power at all. Furthermore, the control surfaces on my A2A aircraft move in conjunction with my hardware. But, when in the air (slewed since I have no power either), the controls do nothing even though the surfaces are moving. This seems to be affecting only my A2A aircraft. I tried uninstalling via the control panel, and it couldn't find the uninstaller for the aircraft. So I manually went in deleted all of the A2A files. I then tried re-installing my A2A products hoping that would fix my problems. Well, they're still broken. Nothing has changed. Before anyone asks, yes I have downloaded and installed the A2A update, both before and after re-installing my A2A aircraft. It hasn't fixed anything for me. I am also using P3D v4.1 Pro. Any help on what might be causing this would be much appreciated.
Robert Schumacher

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: None of my A2A aircraft work anymore

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

upon reinstalling did you delete the update folder that allows the update to run again?

Are you using the P3Dv4 version of the aircraft software?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

To the first question, I do not know if I did or not. The windows uninstall utility, originally said the program may have already been removed and that it would remove it from the list. But, it was still installed. So, I then manually deleted all of the folders labeled A2A from my user/documents folder. I then re-installed from my account at A2A store, and got the same issue. I then tried the October update from these forums, and same problem.

To the second question, yes, I have selected P3Dv4 from the install menu.

Regards,
Rob
Robert Schumacher

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the second question are you using the P3Dv4 version of the T-6 or a previous version for an earlier version of P3D?

thanks,
Lewis

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

for the second question are you using the P3Dv4 version of the T-6 or a previous version for an earlier version of P3D?

thanks,
Lewis
I am, yes. After reading some other posts here, I made very sure to select that one.

-Rob
Robert Schumacher

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let me know how you are loading into the aircraft and what may have changed on your system between things working and not working. I am wondering if its a simconnect issue or flight load issue you are experiencing

thanks,
Lewis

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

can you let me know how you are loading into the aircraft and what may have changed on your system between things working and not working. I am wondering if its a simconnect issue or flight load issue you are experiencing

thanks,
Lewis
Yeah no problem.

1.) So I normally start by opening P3D, selecting an A2A aircraft in the menu, then selecting my airport, the time, and then hit start flight. That is what always used to work for me. However, now if I do that, the T-6 will load with the engine off, and even the auto-start button, will not start it. However, the Cold & Dark button works great!

2.) Next, if I open P3Dv4 and load the default flight (F22 at VPS), and then when in the sim switch to the A2A T-6 while changing nothing else, everything works great.

3.) But if following #2 above, I then go and change my location by selecting "go to airport" the T-6 loads at the new airport with the engine running and everything seemingly working fine inside the aircraft. However, when I advance the throttle the plane will not move, even with the brakes off. Then if I slew to altitude and release the slew, the control surfaces don't move the aircraft about it's axes either, even though I can see the surfaces physically moving.

4.) The final thing I have tried, is starting P3D, leaving the default F22 as the selected aircraft, and just changing the airport, then when in the sim, selecting the A2A T-6. Then it is the same as #3 above.

The only things I have added to my sim since I have last flown my A2A aircraft are the: CS757v3, REX Skyforce, a new PTA preset w/ Reshade. I have also done routine driver updates. And finally, I'm not sure if I flew the A2A before this or not, but I believe I had the Fall creator's update on Windows 10 since the last time I flew the A2A. I also have ChasePlane. Now, I tried this in the A2A Cherokee right after I got it, and the Cherokee worked fine. However, ChasePlane has had some automatic updates since then, and I haven't flown any A2A products with it since the first night I bought it. I have the experimental mode on I believe, to enable experimental builds, instead of the latest full build.

Regards,
Rob
Robert Schumacher

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

Oh, and one more thing... After I had all these issues with my A2A aircraft the first time, I also re-installed the P3Dv4 client as per the LM instructions.
Robert Schumacher

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you reinstalled simconnect?

thanks,
Lewis

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

have you reinstalled simconnect?

thanks,
Lewis
Yes, I have tried that. No joy
Robert Schumacher

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

As weird as it sounds, I think it is linked to certain regions or airports. For example, I've tried loading flights at FSDT KIAD & KSFO, FBs KIAH, and T2Gs VHHH and everything works. I've also tried ORBX LDDU which works fine. However, if I load at default EGLL, default LIRF Aerosoft EDDF, or ORBX EU Germany South Freiburg airport, or T2G EDDM w/ EU Germany South, my A2A aircraft do not work. I have no idea what could possibly be causing this.
Robert Schumacher

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It sounds like something in your sim is not letting it load correctly and turning off your simconnect in those regions. This would explain why all aspects of the aircraft that use simconnect to link to our custom flight sim engine are not working.

thanks,
Lewis

ual763
Airman

Post by ual763 »

Unfortunately, it sounds as if I'll have to do a full uninstall of all my P3D related software and re-install one by one. I usually have to do it once a year for one reason or another.
Robert Schumacher

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”