Installation Error AT-6 Texan accu-sim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tttt
Airman

Installation Error AT-6 Texan accu-sim

Post by tttt »

I already have the accu-sim Piper Cub and it works well in my Windows 7 SP-2 FSX as
well as do all other planes.
Just bought and downloaded AT-6 accu-sim from Simshack and get this error at the end of the installation
when it is installing DirectX runtime component:
"An internal system error occurred please check your Windows DXerrir.log and the DirectX.log.
It then prompts me to continue, finishes, and says all was successfully installed.
But --
Starting FSX occurs normally. Selecting AT6 works and shows the plane, but then loading
starts and when almost done - get a "Fatal error occurred " = "FSX.exe" have to Restart.
Upon restarting, FSX works OK for all other planes including my accusim Piper cub,
Though, upon trying the AT6 again = Failure and restart required?
Have Hp1360t 64 bit, Windows 7, and Directx=11.

Looking for FIX of if A2A Texan NOT compatible, a refund.

Thanks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Installation Error AT-6 Texan accu-sim

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

A2A T-6G Texan is fully compatible with FSX boxed edition and FSX:Steam. There is a separate edition for P3D and P3Dv4 on A2A store.
It looks like you need the DirectX 9.0C reinstalled, the T-6 from A2A is compatible with DX9 under FSX not DX11. Does DirectX 9 install without any issues at the end of the T-6 installation?

My advise is, try to reinstall once again the T-6 as system Administrator and afterwords install the latest updater found here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=57819

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the failure is just the microsoft direct failing so you should be fine there. Normally just means your already updated and have a slight system error on your OS not allowing it to close properly. Anyway for the T-6 how are you loading into the T-6 and have you run the latest updater?

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

Thanks for the replies on the AT-6 failure to install and the "Fatal error" after choosing the plane
in FSX, hitting OK, and FSX trying to load it to run. The "Fatal error" requiring Restart lists
the APP failure as FSX.EXE and the Fault Module as "A2A_Accusim.DLL".
After finding that DLL in the gauges folder and retitling it "old A2A_Accusim.DLL", to block it
from running, then restarting, FSX would load the AT-6 OK. Could see the cockpit and all
visuals, with levers moving, BUT, NO movement on control stick, external surfaces, gauges, or the prop.
Could actually hit "Ctrl E" and here engine start, here it rev up, and externally view plane
start to move by pushing throttle forward, but, again, still no gauges, control stick, prop, or control
surface movement.
What else tried?: Downloaded "4-13-2017 accusim update" and installed BUT No help, FSX
still gives "Fatal Error" when the "A2A_Accusim.DLL" is restored to its proper name.
Note, Accusim J3 Cub works OK as do other planes after a FSX restart.
Also tried a second Download from Simshack but still same problem. ????

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you can please try whats suggested that would be step one of troubleshooting

thanks,
Lewis

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

I thought I have tried what is suggested.

I am and have been the administrator on the computer.
And my previous post described installing the latest 4-13-17 accusim update
and resinstalling the AT-6 with the installer.

[Anyway for the T-6 how are you loading into the T-6 and have you run the latest updater?]
Do not know what this means, other than using the included automatic installer .exe program?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

There were several updates for the aircraft (and other included in the updater) and accu-sim engine since the T-6 was released.
I have provided the link to the latest updater page in my first reply to your tread, here is a direct link to the updater:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _13_17.zip

Download, unzip and run as a system administrator.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

LZ-WIL
I downloaded this same update, again, just now, and as before in the previous post,
the results are the same - "Fatal error" requiring Restart and lists the APP failure as
FSX.EXE and the Fault Module as "A2A_Accusim.DLL". SEE my previous post about
blocking out this DLL and getting FSX to load and show the plane, interior, exterior,
levers moving, hearing the engine run, etc., but no control stick, surfaces, gauges,
or prop moving. I did run as administrator. ???

Thanks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

My apologies on that tttt. May I advise something else? From your first post, I understand that you have FSX with SP2, when I used to have CTDs of the FSX due to "A2A_Accusim.DLL", I used to reinstall the SimConnect.msi. It fixed the problem for me and I didn't experienced it for a long time. You can download it from here http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect (it is the only place I could find atm)

There was a download link here,: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=52226 but doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Cheerz,
Will

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

LZ-WIL,
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded your first link for the Simconnect.msi
and installed the three files in sequential order as directed.

But, got the same "Fatal error" listing the Accu-sim DLL. Upon restarting and selecting
different AT-6 versions, FSX would sometimes NOT spin the model but immediately fail
saying restart is required or Microsoft can check online for solution - although it would
just restart FSX with no solution.

On all these restarts, other planes all worked OK -including the A2A accu-sim Piper Cub when
tried before trying the AT-6.

The last time I tried, FSX showed and spun the selected model. When "Fly Now" hit
everything, as usual loaded, but then at the end of loading - got the "Fatal Error".

Thanks, for the try.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi tttt,

I am sorry it didn't work, it's very unsettling when you cannot fly your new aircraft. On a second look on the package from FSPassengers for SimConnect,
I saw that the content of XPACK is the simconnect version I currently have, and it was the same offered here on the forum - v10.0.61259.0. Try putting only this one, after all FSX needs only one simconnect. Reinstall DirecX9 afterwords.

Here is the version 9.0c that you need (from the forum): https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429

Thinking aside since the last attempts do not fix the issue, do you have any addons that you have recently added or removed?
Try to reinstall the SP2 pack again (always as admin)

Cheerz,
Will

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

LZ-WIL
Installed your DirectX9 file, reloaded AT-6, got the same installation failure at the
DirectX part of the installation and the same "Fatal error" running FSX.

Next, Downloaded a runtime version of DirectX9 and installed. Got all
the same failures as before.

Restored the system to wipe out these DirectX installs.
No other Add-ons installed now.

A2A OUGHT to explain why the installation of their DirectX "Runtime" parcel of the
package is acknowledged as an installation "Failed" - not a Windows alert
Failure. - Why is that happening and what effect does that have on the attempted running
of the AT-6. Is the Fatal Error faulting Accu-sim.DLL looking for an external (different location) runtime
DirectX component?

Need A2A programmer help!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please don't restore a system after direct X installs this might be why your system has the errors. The part of the installation that is failing as mentioned, is not our install but the Microsoft direct X install. You can choose to ignore this altogether provided you have direct X9 installed and updated.

Otherwise you will want to be looking at your OS error for why the Direct X installers are crashing, but its a common issue with Direct X.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

tttt
Airman

Post by tttt »

Thanks all for the help - it now works if I can just get the motor to start.

LZ-WIL correctly identified the need for DirectX-9, even though I am running
DirectX-11, which is supposedly backwards compatible. Although the DirectX links
tried previously failed to make a difference, stumbled across the Web base
installer DirectX link found under the Lewis AT-6 general troubleshooting FAQs
"Crashes or CTD's" item 2.
This web installer page duplicated the failed DirectX runtime installer page of the AT-6
- except this worked and loaded DirectX 9.
Tried the plane and it all appears to work save for figuring out why the engine
won't turn over and why the plane collapses on the ground when first loaded.
These items should be trivial after previous effort.

Thanks, again

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Good to hear, that you managed to overcome that issue. :wink: Refer to the T-6 pdf manual about the engine start, it is a very complex and well modeled plane. A2A make excellent manuals for their aircraft, with rich and interesting history, installation options and airplane operation instructions.

Cheerz,
Will

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”