T-6 rudder wheel control

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Golfer2A
Airman First Class

T-6 rudder wheel control

Post by Golfer2A »

My A2A T-6/Accusim does not turn when taxiing. I recently bought and installed a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog flight system. I do not have rudder paddles, but the HOTAS stick has a button that is supposed to allow rudder wheel turning when the stick is turned right or left. It does so on other planes, but not on the T-6. Is there a fix for this?

I did setup a button to do differential steering but with the T-6 that is a most difficult process since you can't go very fast or the plane tips over. if you do get to the active, the plane is difficult to keep on center of the runway. Otherwise, once in the air it is a fun plane to fly.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Golfacce

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: T-6 rudder wheel control

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how have you mapped the Rudder for the sim?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Got it resolved, Lewis.

It turns out that the A2A Control Screen (Shift+3) has a selection called "No/Gear Lock Aid 1" which I had never selected in the past, but tried it for the first time (set to Gear Lock Aid 1) and it resolved the problem. I don't have to select this option on all my other A2A planes (C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Cub, P51, P40, Spitfire and B17). Strange it only affects the T-6. But then the T-6 is a different bird.

Anyway, thanks for your initial prompt.

Golfer2A

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
That as nothing to do with your steering , this is to do with the gear up/down indicator , which is normally a small window in the wings upper surface , unless you have TrackIR5 these are difficult to see , if set to gear lock aide , it raises these for easier viewing.
To remove tail wheel steering lock and making it a free castor , push stick fully fwd and use diff brakes and throttle to steer or spin round on the spot to face oposite direction , if you need to taxi out of a dead end parking bay , with stick in normal position , you have limited castor angle movement.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes Alan is correct that's just the visual cue marker for the gear position. It sounds like you are sorted after a sim restart. Remember the T-6 is a tail dragger it'll be all over the place compared to the other tri-cycle GA you mentioned.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”