T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mrbill55
Airman

T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post by mrbill55 »

I have had the Texan for awhile. Lately I can only start it with auto start. I have been at this for a long time and have all A2A aircraft. I have
done a complete overhaul, checked for flooding, you name it; still nothing. The prop keeps turning but no ignition. After a flight, I can shut down and restart manually,
but if I close out and re open the flight; no start. I have also tried using a fresh flight with default Cessna and switching to the Texan; still no start.
I am at a loss for the cause. Any ideas? My flights are from Edwards AFB; Temp is moderate.

Bill C.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Since auto start is working, I would recommend a thorough look at the check lists, to see if you are forgetting something like the fuel valve??
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

mrbill55
Airman

Post by mrbill55 »

As I said; if I shut down and wait a while I can start up.
If I restart the flight, then I cannot

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes auto start just runs through the procedure for start, so if auto start is working it points to an issue with your manual start procedure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mrbill55
Airman

Post by mrbill55 »

Ok. So if I do the manual start and it works perfectly . Then i reset the flight do the exact same thing and nothing happens; what has changed? Engine is still warm; should start right up as it did before resetting. As I also said; I have been flying the Texan for months, and this just started happening. Same procedures, different results.

mrbill55
Airman

Post by mrbill55 »

Due to lack of solutions, I did a re-install of the Texan; now it starts again. Unlike real world aircraft where the only issue is pilot or plane,
the sim world has the added issue known as software and computer glitch. This makes things far more complex.

Bill C

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You would also need to reinstall the updater first removing the old updater files.

I trust you are not using the aircraft in a start up situation.This should always be a default aircraft.

Cheers Chris

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Bill,

The April Accusim update caused the same start up problem for me too in the T-6, and like you, I was doing everything exactly the right way on the start procedure. Before the latest accusim update, all was good, started perfectly using the procedure outlined in the manual. Something gets corrupted during the Accusim update and once certain data files get screwed up, there just does not seem to be a way to fix it without a complete reinstall.

Having yourself done a complete reinstall, I'm guessing that nixed the corrupted data file in question and it began to work again. Personally I wouldn't update Accusim again if until A2A can identify and correct the problem. Once the data file(s) get corrupted, you'll fight this thing forever getting it to start, and it's beyond frustrating. Just please be aware the problem is NOT your start procedure or your hardware. This is a software bug.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I took the t6 for a spin just the other day , and mines updated to the latest , mine works perfectly , so i cannot see any problem with the update causing the issue .
My FSX + ACCELERATION is installed on its own disc , and not in the default programe files (x86) , which is known to cause problems , if you have your sim installed in its default programe files (x86) , then this is the most likely culprit , as its heavily protected , and can corrupt updates , if it sees them as a possible virus.
regards alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I don't have any problems. I flew the T6 in March and I just started it first try, no issues at all.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

All updates, no issues at all.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

I don't know what to tell you guys other than perhaps the issue is isolated among certain users and/or configurations for whatever reason. All I can say is that when I have the EXACT same issues starting the T-6 as Bill, the only thing that fixes it is a full reinstall, and everything seems to work fine thereafter until another Accusim update.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No issues have been reported enough for a bug to be reported, two users out of thousands flying OK does point to system specific sim issues. Things that can affect this will be the way one loads a flight, corruption of a .dat file could coincide with that for sure. Have you tried a dat deletion rather than a re-install as that could pin the issue on dat corruption and give us something to look at maybe.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Hi Lewis,

I have tried deleting the relevant .dat files, yes, and letting the Accusim system rebuild them at the next sim session. Didn't seem to help at all.

I had the T-6 installed with the Accusim updates prior to April 2017 and everything was working perfectly, but then the engine start problem commenced immediately after the latest Accusim installation. I uninstalled the T-6, reinstalled it, and updated to the next to the latest Accusim. Everything worked great. Next, I updated to the very latest Accusim and viola, the engine start problems began to re-occur.

Finally, today I reinstalled the T-6 base package and then immediately installed the latest April 2017 accusim on top of it. Now everything is back to normal, lol. Go figure!

mrbill55
Airman

Post by mrbill55 »

It has been nice to see I am not alone with this issue. As I have stated before, sim aircraft are more complicated than real world.
Real world only has issues with the pilot or the aircraft; with sim, you have the added problem of the computer. It is often difficult to
know who, or what is at fault.

I would like to add something I have noticed with the Texan. I have found that the throttle needs to be a bit more open than expected
during start-up. Also, it is prone to flooding. This will show up in the hanger when you click on the engine.

Stay sane, and happy flying,

Bill C.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”