T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hobart Escin wrote: I uninstalled the T-6, reinstalled it, and updated to the next to the latest Accusim. Everything worked great. Next, I updated to the very latest Accusim and viola, the engine start problems began to re-occur.

Finally, today I reinstalled the T-6 base package and then immediately installed the latest April 2017 accusim on top of it. Now everything is back to normal, lol. Go figure!
You cant update to the older Accu-sim updates, I wonder if the issue was because you where trying to use an older updater? You should always download the latest Accu-sim and run just that. You can then essentially delete the updater until the next time as you'll be needing to download the latest one again to update.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hobart Escin

Re: T-6 Texan no longer starts

Post by Hobart Escin »

Lewis - A2A wrote: You cant update to the older Accu-sim updates, I wonder if the issue was because you where trying to use an older updater? You should always download the latest Accu-sim and run just that. You can then essentially delete the updater until the next time as you'll be needing to download the latest one again to update.

thanks,
Lewis
Oh man, I wish I knew, Lewis. Good advice though! Sometimes with isolated issues like this it's ten times easier to just methodically reinstall everything from the ground up instead of trying to trace the problem down. Running and starting great again now. Thanks for your help.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”