'Shift n' Controls for the T6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

'Shift n' Controls for the T6

Post by Tinsmith1 »

Greetings. It is some 60 years since I was in the cockpit of a Harvard and have recently installed the A6 on my hardware. I managed to do some damage to the u/c and the prop on first flight through over confidence requiring a trip to the maintenance hanger. Shift 7 however doesn't seem to work, neither does trying via the' view menu/instrument Panel/Hanger route'. It would appear that none of the "Shift n" commands works. The plane won't fly with a folded prop...any bright ideas? Many thanks, Roy

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: 'Shift n' Controls for the T6

Post by mallcott »

Tinsmith1 wrote:Greetings. It is some 60 years since I was in the cockpit of a Harvard and have recently installed the A6 on my hardware. I managed to do some damage to the u/c and the prop on first flight through over confidence requiring a trip to the maintenance hanger. Shift 7 however doesn't seem to work, neither does trying via the' view menu/instrument Panel/Hanger route'. It would appear that none of the "Shift n" commands works. The plane won't fly with a folded prop...any bright ideas? Many thanks, Roy
Install Simconnect. If you search on that term you'll find plenty of similar posts.

Always remember to name your sim At this point non-one can know whether you are talking about P3D, FSX or FSX-SE...

It matters. If it's P3D the simconnect files are not automatically installed in some cases, so it needs be done manually.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

From our FAQ to help you with what sounds like the simconnect issue;
P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

G'day all. My apologies for stupidity (probably induced by panic!) in not defining the system. It is FSX with 7Pro on an i5 board with max. memory and SSDs throughout. I have re-downloaded the program with Firewall both on and off but same result every time. All attempts at getting to the Hanger simply flashes and no more. Same result with all the 'shift n' controls.

Roy

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Tinsmith1,

Did you do what was asked above?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

Hi, I re-installed Simconnect as suggested, uninstalled the A6 and re-installed it..same performance!!!. Does one need the SDK in additiion to the Simconnect? Everything else on FSX is go as does every other program following the re-build. The A6 worked on the old system (32bit Win 7 Home but painfully slow). May just have to write it off down to experience. Frustrating though.
Roy

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What type of FSX are you using, SE or original flavor?

If original, is Acceleration installed? If not, did you apply service packs 1 and 2?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Roy,

To add to Oracle427's comments, have you double-checked that the 2-D panels still show in other aircraft such as the default Cessna? If they don't, it's possible that 2-D panel transparency is simply set to 100% in the display settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Oh yes, that's a good observation Nick.

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

Good Morning Oracle, Good Morning Nick.

System is FSX de Luxe with both SP1 and SP2 installed. Transparency is set to zero and the 'shift n' controls work on the Cessna. Using Shift7 on the A6 simply flashes and the residual vision is a rectangle where the Hangar view should have been. I noticed also that going to the views menu and then to 'instrument panel' none of the subsequent views work either which may or may not be relevant.

Roy

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

P.S. The only differences that seem obvious is the change from 7 Home to 7 Pro and a change from 32 bit to a 64 bit machine. Neither should be relevant.

Roy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

with all the reinstalls have you removed the update folder and re-ran the updater?

A reinstall like you have mentioned will cause more issues than fix the one you have with simconnect. You will need to simply run simconnect as I posted and then restart your system.

Prior to this though you will need to remove the update folder and re-run the latest Accu-sim updater to get yourself all updated.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

Thanks Lewis, I ran simconnect and reloaded the update but no change. I think that I'll end the thread now and admit defeat I hate doing that but enough is enough at my advanced years.
Thanks to all for trying.
Roy

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You need to delete the update folder before re-running the updater will have no effect.

On my install the folder is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\T6\Update_fsx

This takes about 30 seconds and then you can run the updater again.

Tinsmith1
Airman Basic

Post by Tinsmith1 »

Thanks Lewis,
I spent a tedious few hours going through FSX and all its sub folders deleting all references to the T6, but I couldn't find an 'Updater' file until I installed the Update when it appeared where you described after reloading the T6. Behold, I had a T6 without a bent prop! However the 'Shift n' controls still didn't work. This pointed me in the direction of FSX itself. An un-install followed by a cleaning session, a re-install and then re-installing the T6.... and everything works fine.
Thanks again to one and all.
Roy

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”