T-6 Texan install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

T-6 Texan install

Post by flash2 »

I have the A2A Spitfire ACCU -SIM but have been flying ANT's Tiger Moth to familiarize myself with my new Simulator and Steam etc and recently (January 2017) upgraded to the A2A T-6 Texan. I am just becoming familiar with the plane and wonder if I did the install correctly as a few things are missing. I am not able not put a pilot in the plane although I can change sex and weight on a pop up: I am not able to access the engine in the garage: When in the cockpit I an not able to manipulate certain switches like Magnetos unless I turn them on in the Pop up. I can.t turn the brake on and off; although I can activate the controls lock. engine is very rough and back fires as I increase the throttle and have to push through it to get the boost and rpm up to 35 and 2500RPM respectively on take off.

Could you please advise.
Thanks
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: T-6 Texan install

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

are you using FSX Steam edition?

First thing to get sorted would be to run the latest Accu-sim updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=57819

The manual for your simulation is under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations (or variant of dependent on OS). It looks like some settings in your sim are not set correctly, for example advanced animations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,
Thanks for the response- I did what you said and got pilot and passenger (M&F) back into cockpit but no engine in Hanger. Clip board comes up to soon as I think I have seen an engine label on a You tube video just before the clipboard comes on.

More critical is that the engine backfires at about 2000RPM and Manifold pressure about 20 in and if I push through this point the pressure goes up to 35+ and redlines the engine with no control between these points. Makes landing a challenge when low and need more power. I have drained the manifold valve and checked the reading on the pressure gauge on the ground and it is reading correctly with engine off. I am not able to do step 3 on page 85 of the manual which is to check engine RPM of ~2000 as I am not able to stabilize the pressure at 29.92 due to backfire and momentary run away to higher values above.(redline and 35 in)

Help! - John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the maintenance hanger you can click the spanner to get an in depth view of the engine.

For the backfires, that's normal and is the result of moving your throttle too quickly, but you might also have a gremlin in there so a complete overhaul will help you rule that out.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Re: T-6 Texan familiarization

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Thanks again, Found the wrench on the engine cowl after looking on the floor so was able to fix the engine change the plugs etc and backfire is still there but I may have an anomalies in my Saitek Throttle quadrat in the upper throttle range.

Some interesting observations in taxing the plane. Free wheel works great on right hand turns and slight left braking works on left hand turns and in the rear wheel steering mode left turns are more effective then right hand turns and slight right breaking helps in right hand turns. Is this normal ?

My next challenge is to save all the buttons that I have installed for the T6 to facilitate operating flaps, landing gear, and Rudder trim all of which is now on my throttle quadrant rocker switches. I see the instructions at the end of the manual for Input Configurator. Are the selections here limited to the Joy Stick? I notice that the manual doesn't recommend saving the T6 as the default airplane. Why is that?

Thanks
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

glad to hear you're in the hangar ok, the taxi stuff is normal as the prop is moving one direction only, it is dependant on your speed and also engine power setting too. The default flight thing is a standard thing in the simulator its not recommended to use an complex third party add on for a default flight in the sim.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Thank again and a few more questions.

page 85 of manual under preflight check
Directional Gyro Set - Is that the heading indicator set
Gyro horizon set - what and how is that done or is it automatic with Avionics turn on

Suction meter on instrument panel - What does it indicate, what setting should it read, what controls it???

Thank you for your patience.

John

Ps I am continually amazed at how Revolutionary ,advanced, sophisticated, balanced, and yet simple to fly, the Spitfire was for it's day
Still my favorite airplane of all time.

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Sorry to contact you mostly on weekends but I was looking forward to replies to my previous note.

In addition I have lost the pilot again and repeated the install you suggested and still no pilot. Since I do not see a specific command for the pilot other than making a selection in shift +4, I can only assume that any selection would show up automatically.

I had previously mentioned problems with the engine backfiring and not smoothly transitioning from 20in to 35 in pressure and found that I am having discontinuity in signal problems with my Saitek throttle quadrant and going through laborious messaging with them so that I can return the unit for repair. I have even included a video of the Throttle in the plane jumping in position from 20 to 35 in in pressure. Have others had this problem with the Saitek throttle? I have observed the problem on the Ants Tiger Moth, T6 and Spitfire I did get it to work as a demonstration by switching the airplane throttle to the right lever on the controller ( Z axis )which does work smoothly but is awkward to fly with that control lever and left hand. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Looking forward to flying the T6 with a good controller where I can land with the correct pressure and rpms instead of bouncing from 20 to 35 and trying to compensate with propeller pitch for rpm while controlling the plane to land.

Thanks,
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey John,

sorry missed the last response. It might be best for you to now post in the general T-6 forum for the non tech support questions about general use etc.

For the pilot appearing that's normally due to advanced animations not being turned on in your sim settings.

For the throttle issues, sometimes hardware will develop little issues like that, I have had no issues myself but an example of a common issue with hardware is something I did come across once. My CH rudder pedals had a bit too much play after a lot of use and I have to add in a bit of deadzone to stop the toe breaks from activating almost all the time.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Could you please advise me as to procedure for posting in the general T-6 forum.

I have since resolved my Saitek throttle problems with a new unit and detailed calibration per their instructions and my own modification to steam automatic erroneous throttle assignments.

I have not been able to access the input configurator for A2A/T6/Tools folder as the FSX directory on my computer will only allow me to uninstall programs. The specific controls I am interested in are the continuous Carburetor temperature control on the T6 and the continuous radiator aperture control for engine temperature on the Spitfire.

I have also combined the T6 operating procedure from cockpit entry through start up, flight and landing from details from the operating manual and pilots notes and would post it if anyone was interested. I include it for your review

Also I have not found T6 entry velocities. rpm. manifold pressure, propeller pitch etc for performing basic aerobatics like Aileron rolls, Barrel Rolls, Loops etc. I could not find that in the manual. I included it for your review.

Thanks,
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

just visit the general forum and click post as you did to the tech support area here.

For the folder of the input configuration tool it sounds like you might be in the wrong folder not sure what you mean about only allows uninstall???

Anyway the GUI means you dont have to go folder surfing at all just go to your windows start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations (May vary dependant on your computer OS) then in there you will find the manual and the aircraft configuration tool and the input config tool.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis.

Thanks you for your patience. I finally did find the right folder simply by left clicking on start. Duh!

Now that I am there I can assign the functions to the device of choice but if possible I would like to assign the landing gear up and down to a lever on a 2nd throttle control and it looks like I can only assign these up and down commands to the rocker buttons on the throttle control.This is acceptable but I would prefer to use a lever if possible.

thanks
John

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”