Issues: GTN650, radio and transmitter switch.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
boomshinesaigon
Airman

Issues: GTN650, radio and transmitter switch.

Post by boomshinesaigon »

Hello,

I have recently installed the GTN650 on the T-6 using the aircraft configuration tool. I then configured the GTN650 itself using the F1GTN configuration tool (without touching the gauge display/position).

1. The GTN650 and my radio stack are linked, they are both NAV1/COM1. Currently, changing a frequency the GTN650 changes it in the radio as well and vice-versa. Is it possible to have the GTN650 as NAV1/COM1 and the radio as NAV2/COM2?

2. The COM transmitter selector switch requires extra clicks. The first click changes the switch position graphically, while the second click is the one that actually switches between COM1/COM2 (in terms of actual system functionality). This happens in either position the switch finds itself in and I have to double click to get the desired effect.

Prepar3D Version: 3.4.18.19475
SimConnect Version: 3.4.0.0
Plane Version: A2A_Update_01_17_17

Here are my current settings for the GTN650 (updated to file version 1.11 (GPS version: F1 1.21) using the F1 auto update tool):

Code: Select all

[GTN650.1]
Radios=0
Autopilot=0
Mouse=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=0
Fuel=0
Sound=1
Invert Mouse Wheel=0
Active Mouse=1
CPU Core=999
Airplane=2
Play Click=1
TAWS Voice=0
VC Brightness=6
Color Airplane=0
AVDB=0
VFR Code=1200

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Issues: GTN650, radio and transmitter switch.

Post by some1 - A2A »

No, it's not possible. There are no controls in the cockpit that would make use of NAV2/COM2 anyway.
Michael Krawczyk

boomshinesaigon
Airman

I see. I guess there's not much use for the transmitter selector switch then; it was a bit confusing for me to have the "inop" label removed.

Is the following behaviour intended?

ATC is disabled until the actual radio is turned on even while the GTN650 is on. Once the radio has been turned on and then off for the first time, it can remain off while the GTN650 is the sole NAV/COM unit.

Thank you for your time, Michael Krawczyk.

boomshinesaigon
Airman

Hello, here are the GTN650 related issues I have currently encountered:

1. The "inop" label is removed from the COM Transmitter and COM Receiver switches, yet the switches themselves are non-functional and unimplemented since the plane functions with one single COM/NAV unit. This is confusing.

2. The "inop" label is removed from the "White cowl light". As far as I know, this light has not been implemented. This is confusing.

3. ATC is disabled until the actual radio is turned on even while the GTN650 is on. Once the radio has been turned on and then off for the first time, it can remain off while the GTN650 is the sole NAV/COM unit.

I understand why these might not be of much priority, but a fix would still be welcome at some point.

Thank you.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”