T-6 pitch control

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FlipS
Senior Airman

Re: T-6 pitch control

Post by FlipS »

Do you use rudder pedals and did you install them correctly (Settings > Controls > Axes and choose the rudder pedals)? The default setting of the pedals is that left and right pedal control elevator and aileron instead of the brakes (both pedals together control the rudder).
Some other controls may have the same issue.

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

Well, I am also confused
statusafter having spend the evening testing them
P40 ok
P47 ok
P51 problem
spitfire problem
piper cub ok
B17 ok
T6 problem
cherokee ok
cessna C172 ok

if I knew what to do and what problem to fix I would be happy to do so
what I can do is:
reinstall/ repair fsx
reinstall all A2A planes, which I will do tonight
say a prayer

the bad thing about problems like this is that I feel that I am spending alot of good sim hours trying to fix something instead of improving my flying skills
I am not pointing at A2a, I think you are among the best developers, I like your products and in the past they never gave any problems

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the original issue from back in Feb still remains then?

From the replies back in Feb did you fix the original issue?

Your FSX is still in an unstable state and it needed a full uninstall, deletion and reinstall back then, did you proceed with our and the communities recommendations to do this?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

I did install fsx again back then

have just tried once again to reinstall the spitfire, this time with succes, but the P51 and T6 has the same errors, suddenly the T6 pitch trim goes to -100%
have decided not to waste any more time on this issue, as I still have 7 other A2a planes that works and about 40 other payware planes

thanks for your replies

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

after the platform install did you reinstall the aircraft too? Also dont forget to delete the update folder for the aircraft so when you run the updater it can find the aircraft and correctly update them after the reinstalls.

It does sound like the updater not being run in the correct order and or the update folder needing deleting is the issue here.

thanks,
Lewis

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

Hi again
I gave up on FSX boxed and purchased Steam

I installed the C172 and the cherokee180, works ok, then the T6, installs fine but no sound
ok, tried to run the updater but it cannot find my planes
you wrote to me " Also dont forget to delete the update folder for the aircraft so when you run the updater it can find the aircraft and correctly update them after the reinstalls"[/b]

pls tell me where that updfatefolder is located, I have found A2A folders in my E/microsoft...Steam folder but there are also A2A folders on my C drive (where my OS is installed)

Steam is running, only problems are:
no sound on the T6
the updater cannot find the A2A planes allthough they did install as expected

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you uninstall the boxed version and remove the registry entries and restart the system prior to the FSX Steam install?

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The update folders are in the root fsx > A2A folder and on a per plane basis.

For example my steam install of the T-6; \Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\T6

In there is the update folder.

thanks,
Lewis

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

Hi

Yes I did remove my boxed FSX before installing Steam
No I did not make changes in registry ( I do not know how, allthough I have done changes in there in other programs)
yes I did restart the system

but I can see that not all files from the old fsx has been deleted because steam can see and use my old pln files, something left on my C drive

I have found the A2A files in steam directory, but they are empty
in one of three folders I found a txt document saying:
*** Installation Started 05/15/2017 21:55 ***
Title: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan for FSX Installation
Source: E:\downloads\A2A T-6 Texan\2017\Accu-Sim_T-6_FSX\Accu-Sim_T-6_FSX.EXE | 05-15-2017 | 21:55:12 | 290567693
User Rights: Admin

answer to previus question: I use rudder pedals and SAITEK X52 stick and I do my best best to avoid double assingments

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

hi

have re-installed all A2A add-ons into fsx-se and the updater is working, nice

have testet the spitfire, C172 and the 180, works ok
P51, started ok, bot once in the air, it looses connection with my joystik, pitch and rool does not work, and then it crashed, yes I did pause and try to calibrate, everything worked ok
T-6, took of from Friday harbour, after 2 minutes, the trimwheel by itself, turned to -100%, crashed

I have a newly installed FSX Steam, clean except traffic 360 and FSUIPC, some a2a planes works and some dont, I do not hope that I still have a "platform" problem, because if I do, then I do not know what to do

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

vx800 wrote:hi

have re-installed all A2A add-ons into fsx-se and the updater is working, nice

have testet the spitfire, C172 and the 180, works ok
P51, started ok, bot once in the air, it looses connection with my joystik, pitch and rool does not work, and then it crashed, yes I did pause and try to calibrate, everything worked ok
T-6, took of from Friday harbour, after 2 minutes, the trimwheel by itself, turned to -100%, crashed

I have a newly installed FSX Steam, clean except traffic 360 and FSUIPC, some a2a planes works and some dont, I do not hope that I still have a "platform" problem, because if I do, then I do not know what to do
Lets return to the core issue: If the trim is affecting the flight then it is triggered by something in your simulator, and not others. Else we would all have this problem. Agreed?

As you have replaced the simulator (god knows why, but story for another day) then clearly the issue that remains is caused by something else.

As the issue seems to affect only this A2A aircraft and not others the cause will be found in what you are not telling us, lest we would have solved it by now. Agreed?

So please stop giving these random comments and either start listening to what people are telling you, or else get more systematic with the troubleshoot.

The main reason the aircraft misbehaves is generally because you broke it, so have you checked the manual to make sure you are flying it right?
The other reason is becuase you aren't setting it up right, so please detail exactly what steps you are taking to eliminate a faulty saved flight from the issue?
The final reason is because the setting uop pf this particular aircraft is flawed. If you detail how you set this aircraft up we can critique your process.

If the aircraft is randomly going to a 100% nose down trim the ONLY effect on the aircraft happen when the a/p is engaged. IS the autopilot engaged when this failure occurs? If so, why have you not mentioned this?

Provide a clearer picture, and we can help. Don't and we cannot.

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

short answer: I never use autopilot in the T6, but I will chek it today and let you know

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

problem solved
I enabled the autopilot in Shift3 ( have never used it before), then I turned it on in the plane using the AP master switch in the right side of the cokpit and turned the GPS on (I also never use that in the T6), then the autopilot said "OFF" in reed letters, it stayed OFF during the whole flight

took off from Langley Afb and took a trip of 1hour, just navigation from VOR to VOR and back to Langley, everything worked
seems that this autopilot thing finally did cure my platform problem

strangly, I can see in my logbook that I had approx 25 flights in the T6 before the trim/ pitch problom showed up (same hardware, same OS, same FSX)
now I changed to FSX-SE, which did not solve it but the autopilot did, that's a trick I will remember

over and out ( lets not waste any more time on this)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If AP was causing it, it could be an issue with the default flight or a control issue meaning AP was being triggered. Its been reported before by some users who had some random issue with control mapping etc that would cause AP to engage

thanks,
Lewis

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

See how easy it becomes when ALL the information is provided?

Glad you're all sorted. :D

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”