T-6 pitch control

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
vx800
Airman

Re: T-6 pitch control

Post by vx800 »

my very last comment

As I wrote earlyer, I also had problems with the P51, when I took of (trim set correct knowing what amount of fuel was in center tank) the controls froze

with my new knowledge about the sneeky autopilot, I hit the Z button and the miracle happend, the controls suddenly worked
so, without me hitting the Z button before takeoff, and in a plane without autopilot ( the P51 military version) it by itselfes turnes a non existing autopilot on, but, now I know, whenever I take of, alwayes chek that the controls workes and if not hit the Z button to cure the platform problem
forgot to write, the controls were testet before takeof and they worked fine

have a good day and thanks for your support, I will keep on purchasing A2A products

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes so it certainly does sound like somewhere on your setup, be it stray control mapping of default flight with AP turned on by default is causing the plane to load with AP set to ON.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vx800
Airman

Post by vx800 »

my setup is a clean fsx-se, with a SAITEK x52 stick and throttle and pro flight rudder pedals connected to an 6 years old HP PC with W10
my default flight is the trike ultralight, flying in 1600 feet above friday harbour, which, just like the P51 from A2A, does not have an autopilot
I do not activate any autopilot pressing the Z key.
I never use the default flight and therefore I find it very hard to understand how that could have any influence whatsoever on a free flight with the P51 or T6
If the P51 has the autopilot turned on when the wheels leaves the ground ( strange function by the way), because of my setup, then I will have to accept that as a fact of life and enjoy some future hours with the hobby without "platform" problems

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

vx800 wrote:my setup is a clean fsx-se, with a SAITEK x52 stick and throttle and pro flight rudder pedals connected to an 6 years old HP PC with W10
my default flight is the trike ultralight, flying in 1600 feet above friday harbour, which, just like the P51 from A2A, does not have an autopilot
I never use the default flight and therefore I find it very hard to understand how that could have any influence whatsoever on a free flight with the P51 or T6
If the P51 has the autopilot turned on when the wheels leaves the ground ( strange function by the way), because of my setup, then I will have to accept that as a fact of life and enjoy some future hours with the hobby without "platform" problems
If you dont' accept a product or platform issue, what you are left with is `finger trouble` and we can't help you with that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

vx800 wrote:my setup is a clean fsx-se, with a SAITEK x52 stick and throttle and pro flight rudder pedals connected to an 6 years old HP PC with W10
The default flight is the default flight for all flights on the platform, so settings are taken from this flight for all loads. The AP might not be about in a real Mustang or trike but in the simulation the code and ability for it to be turned on are still present and can be activated. As I have said, the issue is that somewhere on your setup the AP is being loaded in as ON or something maybe a mapping issue is switching it on at some point, similar to the spoiler issue with FSUIPC. In this case a key was being used that activated the in sim spoilers and caused funky behaviour in our aircraft without spoilers.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”