A2A AccuSim support

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Golfer2A
Airman First Class

A2A AccuSim support

Post by Golfer2A »

Good Morning, Lewis...

First, let me say that I love these accusim planes. Having flown a C172 and a Diamond DA40, I get the sense of reality when I fly your sims.

Here's the issue: I find myself having to re-load the sims when I fly a mix of your sims. For the most part I've learned to make sure that I "Exit a flight" back to the Free Flight link. Trying to save and load "loadable scenarios" has definitely been troublesome, hence I don't do that anymore.

What I've noticed is that if I fly the combination of C172, Cherokee 180 and Comanche 250, I don't seem to have any problems. But when I fly the P51, P40, Spitfire, or the Texan in combinations I quickly lose sound in the cockpits followed by a "Simconnect error, reloading Simconnect," and that is followed by the error "Attempting to call a NIL Value."

Once all that happens, I lose some functions on the C172, Cherokee 180 and Comanche 250, and have to reload all my sims. Not real big issue, because I can fly again within the time it takes reload all my sims, but it is annoying.

I recently purchased a powerful gaming computer because I thought these issues were happening as a result of my older HP system. But not the case.

Food for thought: It appears to me that your Accusim software for each plane has a common threat that when one goes south, it affects them all. I give you this input in hopes that it will help resolve issues for future Accusim upgrades.

Again, I love your sims, you guys have done a tremendous job giving us simmers a sense and feel of real flight. And I wish you all the success.

Thanks,

Bob

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A AccuSim support

Post by Oracle427 »

FSX is the issue and the simconnect API is particularly vulnerable and a common dependency across the A2A Accusim fleet. This issue plagues many complex add-ons that rely on the SimConnect API to extend the functionality of FSX.

It is normal practice to shutdown and reload FSX between multiple flights, especially if the flights are longer ones and the aircraft in use are complex add-ons.

There are many topics across many flight sim forums about simmers having to save their long haul flights periodically and especially before reaching urban areas due to the high risk of a sim crash. Shutting down the sim and loading up the saved flight then allows them to complete the flight without the crash as they prepare to land. Unfortunately, these are the limits of the FSX sim engine architecture.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Thanks for your input Oracle427. I figured that if I am having these issues then others have or are running into them.

I appreciate your comment about periodically saving long flights. Makes sense.

Thanks again,

Bob

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

BTW: I meant "common thread" not Threat... the Accusim planes are a threat to no one... :oops: :D

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

:idea: Holy Moly! I understand now... the common threat is FSX and Simconnect... Okay, I'm learning. I guess there's not much A2A can do about that.

Well, I guess I'll have to work around this issue by not jumping around and flying soooo many Accusim planes in one period of time. :wink:

Bob

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

THREAD damn it! Thread... :oops: :shock:

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Just a fat finger or an overzealous spell/grammar checker function? :)

I have this annoying feature on my phone where it goes back and changes words that were previously okay based on subsequent words that are entered. It is very irritating as I have now gotten into the habit of not proofreading the entire text after I type it using my smartphone.

On one occasion I sent a message to a fellow pilot warning him of, "a threat of transsexuals". :)

He knew that I was talking about thunderstorms given the context of our discussion. He noted that I have a most progressive smartphone. :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Right on... funny! :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

So we all good for now then?

Anything further I think your seeing how awesome the community can be at chipping in and helping users, so please just ask away. There are no stupid questions can be asked we dont believe in them, we were all new once so happy to help, don't be afraid to ask.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Thanks for the reply, Lewis. Understanding the issues with FSX and Simconnect does clear up the muddy waters. So I will just do the work-arounds and enjoy my Accusim flights. It is awesome that this community is right on top of things. I will hit the posts now and then and continue learning from these folks... Thanks to all!

Bob

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”