Missing Virtual Cockpit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Missing Virtual Cockpit

Post by Avio »

Sometimes when I load the T6 into an airport, it would appear WITHOUT any virtual cockpit, though I could pan around and see the surrounding.

I either had to reload, or go to some other airports before the virtual cockpit would return.

What could be the issue here? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Missing Virtual Cockpit

Post by dvm »

Sometimes for whatever reason the sim starts in the wrong view. Try hitting the "A" key on your keyboard until the virtual cockpit view appears.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

whats your default view in the host platform sim settings?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

whats your default view in the host platform sim settings?

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis,

You have got me curious where is the setting you are referring to in FSX. I did a little test with the T-6 views and from the virtual cockpit view and if you hit the "view(next in category)" "A" which is the default keyboard command I have three views the VC cockpit (front seat), the rear seat and a window displaying most of the 2d panels without the cockpit view. It sounds like Avios problem is intermittent. As I said I sometimes will get a screen as described by Avio which in most airplanes is one of the views as you toggle thru "view(next in category)". I just toggle to the VC and have never tried to figure out why as it is easier to just toggle to the VC. I am sure there is an explanation as to why I occasionally have this issue and since the fix is so simple I am not going to try to figure it out. The bottom line is when you have this view (no VC) when starting out just hit the "A' key or whatever you have "view(next in category)" command programed to until the VC is displayed. I'm confused are you ? :D :D

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi dvm.
In FSX , i think lewis is refering to settings - display / aircraft default cockpit view 3-d virtual cockpit , or 2-d instrument panel.
regards alan. 8)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

dvm wrote:Sometimes for whatever reason the sim starts in the wrong view. Try hitting the "A" key on your keyboard until the virtual cockpit view appears.
F9 is the default VC command

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

mallcott wrote:
dvm wrote:Sometimes for whatever reason the sim starts in the wrong view. Try hitting the "A" key on your keyboard until the virtual cockpit view appears.
F9 is the default VC command
Yep your right easier than toggling thru the views. Learn something every day. Most of the default keyboard commands are not used in my system they have been reprogrammed to another key or button but F9 is one of the few I have not screwed with and it works as advertised. I don't even use a conventional keyboard but a custom panel using a keyboard controller. Don't want to see a keyboard a real immersion breaker in my opinion.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks folks. My fsx setting is to start each flight at the VC view. Strange thing is randomly at times a flight would be started with no VC at all -- scenery is there and panning still possible. Just no cockpit. Cycling view change did not help too. In fact, no external view of the aircraft show up when at that view.

However, if the default MS Cessna were to be loaded first and then changed to A2A plane, the T6 would then show up as per normal.

Rather puzzled.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

If hitting "F9" or cycling the "A" key doesn't bring the VC back then it is a different issue than I experience. Something is not loading correctly which is outside my pay grade to asses. It is often suggested that one start with a default airplane to avoid problems. I personally do not and have had little or no problems so go figure.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

whats your default flight it does sound like an flight initialization issue

thanks,
Lewis

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

I always start fsx with the T6 saved mission at some airport at the fsx start screen. From I would change the airport selection to any other of my choice then proceed to load the flight. Had been doing this way for years with all types of add-ons and usually no issue at all. When it does happen, like of late, it is A2A aircraft. Anyway I fly A2A like 99% of the time now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will need to make sure your default flight is ideally using a default aircraft or you can encounter issues with a flight initialisation such as the ones you have described.

thanks,
Lewis

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lewis' recommendation to use a default plane for you default flight sounds like an easy fix. As I said I use a non default airplane for my default flight without problem. If you still want to use the T-6 in your default flight you might try deleting your current default flight and set up a new one using the T-6 and see if that will fix it. I occasionally had to do this with a problematic default flight.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

dvm wrote:Lewis' recommendation to use a default plane for you default flight sounds like an easy fix. As I said I use a non default airplane for my default flight without problem. If you still want to use the T-6 in your default flight you might try deleting your current default flight and set up a new one using the T-6 and see if that will fix it. I occasionally had to do this with a problematic default flight.
Spot on. Rule of thumb for trouble free running is to just stick to default but your method so long as you know how to spot the issues to periodically change it up is pretty nice.

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”