Frame rates

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bushhippy
Airman Basic

Frame rates

Post by Bushhippy »

Hello all, New to all this. Been flying real world about 21 years, only been using flight simulator about 6 months. (I'm hooked) Just wondering about something. When running fsx with all graphics 100 % I get about 60 fps with most aircraft. But with the t6 I get 20. But here is the odd part. The sim runs flawlessly. Just like it does with 60 fps. Also I couldn't find anything on if you have to/can sump the full tanks.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Frame rates

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

It depends which sim you are running and what addons are used. It also depends on the PC config. too. I guess you have pretty powerful PC to be able to run the sim in 100% settings with 60fps. Check if your fps drops with the same weather conditions and different airplanes. I have noticed ( I have an old PC :wink: ) when there is precipitation, clouds (overcast) mists, my fps drops - it puts more load on the CPU.

You can sump the tanks from the "Shift-4" - Load manager menu.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bushippy - when you say "I get about 60 fps with most aircraft" do you mean the default ones that come with FS, or more complex add-ons? To run complex add-ons with 100% settings requires a powerful PC indeed!
LZ-WIL wrote:You can sump the tanks from the "Shift-4" - Load manager menu.
Don't forget there's no pre-flight inspection facility with the T-6 Will; you can adjust fuel levels via the shift 4 window, but it not possible or necessary to sump the tanks, unlike in A2A's GA products. :)

Cheers,
Nick

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,
Nick M wrote:Don't forget there's no pre-flight inspection facility with the T-6 Will; you can adjust fuel levels via the shift 4 window, but it not possible or necessary to sump the tanks, unlike in A2A's GA products. :)
Thanks for the remark Nick, thought by "sump" Bushhippy, meant to fully drain the tanks, not to drain fuel sample and check for water.
Yes, that is not possible with T-6, but there is a crew that takes care for our A2A warbirds. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Bushhippy
Airman Basic

Post by Bushhippy »

[quote="Nick M"]Hello Bushippy - when you say "I get about 60 fps with most aircraft" do you mean the default ones that come with FS, or more complex add-ons? To run complex add-ons with 100% settings requires a powerful PC indeed!

Thanks for the in-put all. Nick, yes when I said 60fps that's with default aircraft or freeware. Most of the time with the T-6 or other payware aircraft I'm getting 20fps with settings on high.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, quite a substantial FPS drop is to be expected compared to the default aircraft, especially in the virtual cockpit. If you find performance suffering, you'll probably need to reduce some of the scenery, graphics and traffic sliders a touch (that goes for both FSX and P3D). I've certainly never been able to run with them all 100% and get FPS above 30 when using complex add-ons.

You don't mention your PC specs or choice of host sim, but obviously both are a major factor here.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”