cylenders 5&6 blown for unknown reason

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

cylenders 5&6 blown for unknown reason

Post by KotatehFox »

so, i enjoy my texan and like to fly her every now and again...she sat for a few months, but before i started her i changed all the filters, the oil and anything else that would need to be changed after sitting, so i fired her up and she ran fine for awhile, then i saw white smoke, she was idling somewhere between 1000-1200 rpm, nothing was in the red though things were a bit high but not dangerous because she was cold, i saw white smike, immediatly killed the engien and looked in the hanger, i must have blown a headgasket in cylenders 5&6 or something cause they needed replacing, after that she ran fine and didnt give me anymore issues..this happened again today and keep in mind i flew her the other day, i did the same thing now that i did then, and i cant see anything that would be causing the issue...im using the same oil grade as i did last time i flew her before i let her sit awhile, same outside temperature so nothing has changed on that end...i just cant figure it out, maybe someone else has more experience than i do, when i let my comanche sit for 6 months i came back to her and not a thing was wrong except she had a little dust starting to collect so it just confuses me...this is the first real issue ive had with accusim aircraft
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: cylenders 5&6 blown for unknown reason

Post by AviationAtWar »

Are you using the oil clean kit and pulling the prop through before starting? If not then the cylinders are probably being damaged by hydraulic lock.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i didnt use the oil clean kit the first time but i did hand prop it, both times! and since she sat for only a day i see no need in the oil clean kit as its for when she is going to sit long term, but i didnt hand prop her when i first got her and she had no issues at all, then again i flew her every other day
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

also on a side note where did you get that texan banner? ive been looking for them in the forums and even in the place where all the banners are...i wouldent mind having one custom made haha..
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I borrowed...er...stole it from somebody else. I'm not certain who made it but I've seen a few people use it. I figured if somebody complained then I'd take it out.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

ah...yea, ive actually put some time and effort into looking but have yet to come up with anything...also, nice..the connie haha..too bad it wont be in my fleet, i cant afford it! i cant even afford to complete the new computer i started building some months ago...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”