Remote Compass readings inaccurate

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Remote Compass readings inaccurate

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Bob.
I dont have auto pilot on this aircraft , i decided it just does not look right in an old aircraft like this so hand flying for me when in this old girl.
Did you bring up the map when this happened , to see the hdg you was on , to varyify which was out.
regards alan. 8)
I use the GTN 650, and the GPS heading and heading indicator and the remote compass all agree. The heading readout on the autopilot is incorrect. The D key syncs the heading indicator and mag compass if they get out of sync, but will not sync the autopilot heading. I think I am just going to avoid using the pushback.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bob.
At least you can get in and out of tight parking with the t6 on free castor steering , thats a bonus i suppose.
regards alan. 8)

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Bob.
At least you can get in and out of tight parking with the t6 on free castor steering , thats a bonus i suppose.
regards alan. 8)
I think I may have made a pilot error on this issue. Reading up on the AP in the Texan, the indicator on the AP display reads the ground track, not the aircraft heading. So if one has any crosswind component, the track and the heading indicator are never going to be the same. When I checked it this morning, I had a very strong crosswind, and hence the difference between the AP setting and the heading of the aircraft.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”