T6 on grass field

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Larry Bevis
Airman

T6 on grass field

Post by Larry Bevis »

I just tried to take off on Kermit Weeks grass field and no go. I thought maybe I would try another field here in Minnesota, still no go. It takes off just fine on concrete but not on grass. Any ideas?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: T6 on grass field

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Can you please elaborate - T6 can't move at all on grass field or cannot gain rotation speed?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

The plane does not move. Start up is normal, run up is normal. Applying full power, max RPM it just stays there.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Larry.
I have just tried the texan on an fsx default grass strip 7Y7 , A.R.S. Sports Strip in minnesota , took off no probs , it must be somthing in your scenery that needs looking at , regards to settings , that you might be able to adjust.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. you did not leave the brakes on i hope.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Is this P3D or FSX? Are you all updated with the latest updater?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

I have had this problem with many A2A aircraft, including the Texan. Lewis suggested thet I always start with a default flight, and adjust the mesh settings. That didn't really work for me. It doesn't only happen on grass for me, either. Come to think of it, it hasn't happened for a while. I bet I've just jinxed myself!

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Piper_EEWL is right,

non native P3D A2A planes, have difficulties with friction on different surfaces put in the P3D environment.
Let us know which sim platform, you use.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes I am currently working with P3D 2.5. I will try some of the ideas. I'm not real excited about starting at default flight to get the bird going then switch to the different field. I love the T6 and the P40. I will see if the P40 does the same thing.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ideally you will load into say the default f22 first and then switch. Directly loading into a complex sim can cause issues due to the way the sim loads that first instance.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I just check out the P40 on grass, no problem at all. I shut down P3D 2.5 and restarted the sim the same way with the T6. Went to the same grass field, started the T6, all went well, but it still will not roll for take off. My default start up aircraft is Manfred Jahn's C47. I don't fly the f22 so I changed the location to Flying Cloud (KFCM) with the C47. I did the change back when I first bought the program some time ago. The T6 just won't roll for take off.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Maybe it's worth a try to change the default plane back to the C172 or the F22 just to see if that is the culprit no?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Here's what I have been able to come up with. I started at my home airport and taxied off the ramp on to the grass. Stopped completely then gave her the gun. It took awhile but it finally started to roll as if it was being catapulted off the deck of an aircraft carrier. I then went to the grass strip in Lydia and did the same thing. Except this was all grass. It took longer, much longer but it too was flung in to action. Had to cut back on the throttle to get to a normal speed for take off.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Have you tried any of the above suggestions?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ideally you will load into say the default f22 first and then switch. Directly loading into a complex sim can cause issues due to the way the sim loads that first instance.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

No luck so far. My default start up is at KFCM with the C47. I switched to the F22 then went to the T6. Still doesn't move when on grass. I rebooted the sim then went trough every taildragger I had to see if this was a common problem. It wasn't. Every taildragger operated perfectly. Maybe it's somethink in the config file.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”