T6 on grass field

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: T6 on grass field

Post by Lewis - A2A »

KFCM with the C47, can you change this back to a default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

You will have to make your default flight with an default aircraft again. So safe a flight at an airport with one of the default aircraft (eg the F22) and then make this the default. Then restart the sim and load into that flight. Then change over to the T-6.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I did that, went back to the default F22 at it's home base and made that the default flight. Then reloaded the sim. Then change the location to Lydia and the aircraft to the T6. The start up was normal, waited for the appropriate time, oil pressure, temp and all. I then started to take off. It was well over a minute before I shut her down. It never moved.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Just tried it again. As before startup was normal. Oil and everything else was good to go. This time it took just over 2 minute at full throttle before to started it's roll. That's not normal.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you please try restting the default flight, its the flight file that settings are taken from. You have mentoned the default flight is with a C47 at a particular airport?

thanks,
Lewis

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Yes ti was. I changed it to the default F22. It had no difference. The T6 still does not roll for the take off.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

But you mention you loaded the C47 so the default flight is still set as that aircraft. You will want to change the default flight itself.

thanks,
Lewis

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Are you sure that the airfield you're trying has a level runway? I mean, with no up-slope. It is unlikely that the problem is in the grass itself, but I have noticed in many sims (FS2004, FSX, P3D) that all aircraft have trouble rolling on rising ground, even if the slope is quite modest, A2A aircraft are no exception. This is an FS's culprit, not A2A's.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I had the same issue. I am pretty sure the problem was with the default flight I was using (KMAE A-26 ORBX scenery). I finally deleted the default flight I was using and that took care of the problem. My default flight now starts with the DC-3 V3 at the same airport as the default flight that was causing problems. I can now start with the T-6 from the free flight opening screen or change aircraft while in the game and no problems. I would just create a new default flight and to be safe delete the flight you were using that gave you problems. I know that Lewis and others recommend you use a default FSX aircraft but using other than A2A aircraft for my default flight never causes me problems.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Here is a way to see if it is the default flight that is the issue. Start with a aircraft that does not have this rolling issue. Take off or use the map to put yourself in the air and then change to the T-6. Land and see if the T-6 will move on the grass. If it does move then I am sure has something to do with your default flight.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Thanks dvm. I'll give it a try when time is more available.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Well, not much else to do about this. I'll have to live with this I guess. I have changed the default back and forth with no change. I have been able to take off on grass if and only if I'm willing to wait long enough for the T6 to start moving. Thanks for your comments.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I think I know what happen and why my T6 doesn't work on grass. When I purchased the T6 I thought I bought the P3D 2.5 download. After checking the account it looks as though I bought FSX. When trying to get the update the message said the T6 isn't there. How can you help me.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

So just to make sure we understand this correctly. You're running P3D? And you installed the FSX version of the T-6 into P3D? And the update doesn't install?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I went back to my invoice and noticed it was FSX not P3D. It was a slip on my part. I loaded the FSX by mistake. I was so excited about getting the T6 I just grabbed the wrong one. Sorry

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”